1 (1.1%)
Evil Genius
6 (6.5%)
Incompetent Boob
0 (0%)
Other, you tell me
26 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Nuclear Spouse  (Read 29710 times)

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Re: Nuclear Spouse
« Reply #25 on: Apr 14, 2004, 02:32 »
Well since I'm the non-nuclear wife, I guess I am the other (i've been called worse).

I am  a second generation nuclear spouse, my dad was a road tech, my mom traveled with him a lot and she stayed home other times. Once in awhile she worked at a site doing stuff like transporting film badges (way back when).

I basically grew up around this business, and my dad never allowed me to date a tech, funny thing is though that once I got married he offered my husband a job in the business. Go figure.

Henry and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary in November 2004. I believe that knowing the business has been both a help to me and a thorn in my side, but we've stuck it out and have been happy, although at times I have been lonely. It wasn't so bad when we traveled together.

God, I started a book didn't I? Sorry.

Camella

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #26 on: Apr 15, 2004, 09:51 »
I just put it all together that you are married to Henry Black. I just left him down at Oak Ridge. I called your house a couple times. Now, I know who you are. Duh..How's my boy Henry doing?

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #27 on: Apr 15, 2004, 10:37 »
He's doing great. We got your message, sorry to have missed your call. Give us a try again.

workinman

« Reply #28 on: Jan 18, 2005, 07:54 »
Amen Dave!  Thou hath spoken the truth! 
                                                                   OWM

Sandralike

« Reply #29 on: Jan 19, 2005, 09:01 »
My spouse (soon to be ex) is an electrican, but unfortunately he expects the world to be handed to him and I've had to babysit him throughout our relationship.  All of you out there with good spouses....take care of them! 

Gonzo

« Reply #30 on: Jul 18, 2006, 06:35 »
my wife manages a doctor's office..  over the last 13 years or so she's built it from a mom and pop operation to one of the most successful in the yakima (eastern washington state) area with nearly 20 employees...   

Offline JessJen

• Heavy User
« Reply #31 on: Jul 19, 2006, 12:05 »
the former mr. jessjen (never married thank god) was also a nuke....learned the hard way why momma said not to date roadies even though when she said it she was still one and I was just starting. It was messy, but I got a beautiful severance package out of the deal...my darling son!

Fermi2

« Reply #32 on: Jul 19, 2006, 12:19 »
the former mr. jessjen (never married thank god) was also a nuke....learned the hard way why momma said not to date roadies even though when she said it she was still one and I was just starting. It was messy, but I got a beautiful severance package out of the deal...my darling son!

That is a great attitude. Thank you :)

Offline incrediblehulk

• Moderate User
  • Dum vivimus, vivamus!!
« Reply #33 on: Jul 19, 2006, 12:20 »
After many years of following me around and doing odd jobs, my wife started doing Junior RP work. She took a temp job between outages as a data entry clerk at an e-banking company. Seven years later she's the Senior Manager and running a division. I couldn't be prouder!

Now I plan my work around her career. Hey, she followed my dumb butt around, I figure it's my turn to follow her.
Life is short. That is all there is to say. Get what you can from the present - thoughtfully, justly.
                               - Marcus Aurelius

Liberty is never unalienable. It must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes.
                          -R.A. Heinlein

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #34 on: Aug 04, 2006, 07:41 »
My wife is mostly very tolorent of my lazy butt.  She is also an Interior Designer.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?