Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Interview for SGPO with TVA?
honeypot

Author Topic: Interview for SGPO with TVA?  (Read 31491 times)

Fermi2

Re: Interview for SGPO with TVA?
« Reply #25 on: Oct 25, 2013, 12:20 »
BTW this is common among utilities. Not just TVA. TVA took a financial hit when Paducah closed, and electrical demand did not exactly rise.

Racer

Re:
« Reply #26 on: Oct 25, 2013, 03:04 »
I've heard from the inside that the list is back. Hope they're right.

Fermi2

« Reply #27 on: Oct 25, 2013, 03:33 »
I heard otherwise...

Offline cb1712

• Very Lite User
« Reply #28 on: Oct 31, 2013, 01:11 »
Any updates to the status of these positions?  I didn't receive an interview, so the possibility of TVA reposting these positions interests me.  Has anyone on here received an interview that has zero TVA experience (outage work, contractor, current employee, etc.)?  I have wondered if the desirability of these positions requires one to get their foot in the door prior. 

Fermi2

« Reply #29 on: Oct 31, 2013, 11:35 »
No it has nothing to do whether you worked with TVA or not. They select strictly based on your resume. They establish a matrix based on the basic requirements of the position then grade each person. The requirements are weighted. If they intend on interviewing 50 people then top 50 scores win PROVIDED they meet all the requirements, in other words if there are 10 requirements and you score the highest score based on 9 of the requirements but you get zero on the tenth then you are screwed. Also people getting 1: A recommendation from the union, 2: Veterans, and : People living within 60 miles of the plant get extra points.

Fact is TVA is hurting for money. They had too many people working for them for the size of the utility, they lost Paducah which was a HUGE load for them, Electrical demand isn't exactly increasing. WBN2 is over budget and they have to spend millions on Fukushima mods at all their nukes. They have a new CEO who says there is too much fat and he's going to cut a billion out of it. That's a LOT of money. The plants are not as understaffed as they were 5 years ago and TVA got by then.

I've seen them do this before: The SGPO posting was in a previous fiscal year so it no longer applies. Post again. They are not the only ones who do that.

« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2013, 11:40 by Broadzilla »

Offline saberjk2

• Very Lite User
« Reply #30 on: Dec 02, 2013, 01:11 »
Any updates to the status of these positions?  I didn't receive an interview, so the possibility of TVA reposting these positions interests me.  Has anyone on here received an interview that has zero TVA experience (outage work, contractor, current employee, etc.)?  I have wondered if the desirability of these positions requires one to get their foot in the door prior. 

I knew a couple of the guys that took the test with me and one of them did end up getting an interview. But he never heard anything after that.

Fermi2

« Reply #31 on: Dec 02, 2013, 01:49 »
Told ya, they are out of money. Look at their website. Usually starting Oct 1st you see at least 4 pages of jobs. Look at how many are there now...

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
  • Don't worry about the mule just load the wagon!
« Reply #32 on: Dec 06, 2013, 11:37 »
Bru is right.  Cuts are coming.  Voluntary lay offs are around the corner.  Does anybody know how Exelon executes a reduction in force?  Seems to be the playbook down town is going by.
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2013, 11:38 by Limited Quanity »
I used to be a lifeguard until some blue kid got me fired.

Fermi2

« Reply #33 on: Dec 07, 2013, 01:02 »
Bru is right.  Cuts are coming.  Voluntary lay offs are around the corner.  Does anybody know how Exelon executes a reduction in force?  Seems to be the playbook down town is going by.

Thanks. Very interesting take. IIRC the new nuke CNO is an exelon guy.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?