Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Blue to Green?
honeypot

Author Topic: Blue to Green?  (Read 4894 times)

Offline James.Cawthon

• Lurker
Blue to Green?
« on: May 10, 2013, 05:16 »
Has anyone ever experienced a nuke getting out to participate in the blue to green program? 

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
Re: Blue to Green?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 05:48 »
Has anyone ever experienced a nuke getting out to participate in the blue to green program? 

Will not happen.

“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

RadconRacoon

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 07:55 »
I have seen this once. In 2007 a LT at prototype was able to pull it off. Finished his SE tour and then went Army.

HeavyD

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 10:47 »
Keep in mind that Blue-to-Green is NOT a Navy program, but an Army program.

Once you separate with an Honorable discharge, you are flagged as a Nuke.  Coming back in as any rate other than Nuke won't happen.  You can get a degree and try and come back as an officer.  As for the mentioned program, there exists agreements between the services that they won't take each other's critical skills folks, thus CG's comment.

Offline jmates

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 11:57 »
I have seen it happen a couple of times. For enlisted, they were in the last year of their contract and not collecting sub pay. Both of them went into the flying warrant officer program.

HeavyD

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 12:22 »
I have seen it happen a couple of times. For enlisted, they were in the last year of their contract and not collecting sub pay. Both of them went into the flying warrant officer program.

Are you sure this guy went Blue-to-Green?  I ask because going into the Army's Warrant program was (~ 10 years ago at least) an entirely different program.  I had three friends go that route; 2 Nuke mechanics (1 went Apache pilot and 1 to be Engineer on an ocean going tug) and an ELT went the tug Engineer route as well. 

Again, that was a decade ago, so YMMV.  ;D

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?