Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Jim Foster honeypot

Author Topic: Jim Foster  (Read 13672 times)

Offline dhk

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Jim Foster
« on: Mar 06, 2013, 03:33 »
It is with a heavy heart that I must add Jim Foster to the Nukeworker Fallen page.  I just received the news that Jim Foster passed away.  I worked with Jim for many years and he will truly be missed.  RIP  Prayers to family and friends. 

Diana Harrison-Koller

Offline budbroom

• Lurker
Re: Jim Foster
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2013, 07:09 »
I worked with Jim Foster at Robinson in early 90's, and in St. Louis at a Chemical facility in late 90's. He always was "Jimmy Foster"..he had something going to keep the crew laughing every day. He could take a story, and make it bigger than life. I will miss you Jim Foster.

Bud

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2013, 09:44 »
The Man, the Myth, the Legend. Slimey was a one-man band. He could entertain himself for hours and everyone else too. He would want everyone to do a shot of Jack and wish him well in the after world. I don't know how many hours we spent in the dirt at Fernald but we made the best of them.

Salute, Jimmy, you were a good one, pal.

Buckeyes1

« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2013, 08:53 »
I am speechless. Jim was one of the best supervisor's I ever worked with. He made my short time at Fernald bearable. Even though he acted like a hard-a@#, when my first child was born, he sent my wife flowers, even though he didnt really know me well. My heart and prayers go out to him and his family. RIP

Robb Archie

urtall1

« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2013, 09:55 »
I worked with Jim at Fernald before I came to hanford, haven't seen him in 12 years, he was bigger than life and my condolences go out to his friends and family.  He truly will be missed.  He was a tall, funny, skinny guy when I knew him and I am proud to say that I enjoyed working with him and sharing some of the same nuclear projects with him.  He was a fun and funny guy. I hope he wasn't in pain.  Please find out where the service will be at and if he will have a website.  I might even have a video of him somewhere wishing me good luck when I got married.  I'm going to have to search for that video.  Rest in peace Jim!

Dale Weber

Offline heavydose

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2013, 11:54 »
I hope someone has more information on where and what happened. I worked with Jimmy in 1983/1984 during the SGR at Robinson. We worked together that whole outage in instrumentation, I remember the day a rep. from Eberline came by to show him a new instrument. He looked at it slammed it on the floor and said if it can't take that I don't want it. He was always great to be around you had to be ready for anything. He will be missed beyond words, I just glad that I hung out with him. There is to many old school HP's leaving us! Hug an old school tech today for Jimmy!!

Joe DiGiulian

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2013, 12:11 »
The list of people I knew at Fernald on the "Fallen" thread is getting way too long Jim is the 16th. Jim was very colorful and never dull.
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2013, 12:18 by Marlin »

Offline kaward1961

• Very Lite User
« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 2013, 02:58 »
Worked with jimmy at HB Robinson & Fernald, went to high school with him and his brother Bobby. Bobby, my condolences and prayers go out to you buddy. Maybe ill see you when i come home. Your brother was a good man and lived life to the fullest.

A Ward

Offline Laning

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2013, 04:07 »
My condolences to Jim's family. I hadn't seen or spoken to him since I left Fernald back in 96 but if you ever spent any time around him he wasn't someone you easily forget. Good Dude with a great sense of humor. RIP Jim.
If you're gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough

PAULTHEVOL

« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2013, 04:28 »
What terribly sad news....
I worked with Foster at Fernald and Ports and have maintained contact with him over the years. It always put a big smile on my face when I would answer the phone to hear Jim say,"Whats up Hill Jack?"
Whenever you spent a night out with Jim ,you knew you were were gonna have days of hilarious stories to tell and some that you could laugh at even years later.
I have met hundreds of fellow techs over the years but Jim (Slimey) was definitely one that left an impression on me.
You will be missed my friend and this world is a lesser place without you.
 Paul Emert

Offline okiecity

• Lurker
« Reply #10 on: Mar 07, 2013, 10:12 »
Too many have gone too early.  Jimbo was an incredible person.  I had a blast with him at ANO and Fernald.  I just don't know what to say that hasn't been said.

Randy Goodwin

Jr8black3

« Reply #11 on: Mar 08, 2013, 01:11 »
My Prayers go out to Jim and his family, like many I have worked with Jim in the past, he will be missed and Gods speed brother, you know we only go wide open, just something Jim told me at Robinson. I seen Jim once here at Ports. and had a job to get done and thought hell I'll catch him again, that sucks on my part. Take care up there brother, make a nice pad for me..:)

Kevin Ott

fabshop64

« Reply #12 on: Mar 08, 2013, 04:09 »
Jim has touched so many in our industry. He took me and a few others under his wing as jr hp's at peach bottom a long time ago. Our friendship grew as our families grew. Over the years we worked many projects together. I think our breakfast club was the best those of you that  did the pipe replacement at the bottom in 87 will agree. Jim has been like an older brother to me for many many years. He will be missed! Love you brother we'll see each other again one day. One of my favorite sayings about Jim was if his lips were moving it was probably bull####!. Rock on brother!
Corey Fabricante

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #13 on: Mar 09, 2013, 09:14 »
MaryAnn, All my love goes out to you and the grandbabies. Jimmy never stopped talking about them. He will be sorely missed.

James Harrison Foster, age 55 of Harrison, OH passed away Wednesday, March 6, 2013 in Waverly, OH.  Born November 17, 1957 in Galax, Virginia he is the son of James T. “Mickey” (Patricia) Foster of South Carolina and the late Barbara (Orr) Foster.

James was a Health Physicist for Restoration Services, Inc. and also worked for 20 years at Fernald.  He married Maryann Frutchey on June 26, 1998 in Hamilton, OH and was a member of the Moose Lodge in Waverly.

James is survived by his wife Maryann Foster, children James “Jamie” (Tracy) Foster, Keegan Foster, Kylie Foster & Kody Foster, stepchildren Joelle (Mark) Hoffman, Crystal (Wayne) Cole, Brandy (Kevin) Hotze, Gabriel Lowe & Zachary (Amanda) Lowe.  He will also be missed by his brother Robert Foster of Florence, SC, great grandchild McKinnely Foster, step grandchildren Maryann Hoffman, Mitch Hoffman, Catherine Cole, Camille Cole, Callista Cole, Max Hotze, Paige Hotze, Gabriella Lowe, Giovanni Lowe, Alexys Emerson & Summer Lowe and life time friend, Brother Ray.  In addition to his mother, he was preceded in death by his step grandson Lewis Cole.

Visitation will be Thursday, March 14, 2013 from 5:00pm until time of services at 6:00pm at Jackman Kercheval Meyers Funeral Home, Harrison, OH.  Memorials are suggested to the family c/o the funeral home.  Online condolences at www.jkmfuneralhome.com

Offline jcouch

• Rad Wiennie
  • Light User
  • I can't believe they pay me to do this.
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 05:57 »
damn i cant believe this is the first thing i see after not being on nukeworker in a long time. jim was one of my lead techs at fernald then i ran into him again at ports. he was one of the funniest guys and best lead techs ive ever met. i will never forget when he had one of those big metal sets of balls hanging off the hitch of his truck at fernald and one of the crybaby union ladies complained that it was vulgar so security asked him to take them off and of course jims response was "go f**k yourself" so they removed them for him. for a solid month after that he ran around saying "the sons of bitches castrated my f**cking truck". and thats just one of the many funny ass memories he left me with. R.I.P brother
If at first you don't succeed, make someone else do it for you ;)

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 10:33 »
Will be missed by all who knew him!
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?