Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu trouble in the portsmouth rad department
honeypot

Author Topic: trouble in the portsmouth rad department  (Read 7122 times)

Offline jcouch

• Rad Wiennie
  • Light User
  • I can't believe they pay me to do this.
trouble in the portsmouth rad department
« on: May 28, 2013, 06:57 »
i got out of there a couple years ago when stoller pulled out and i knew some fishy stuff was going on with one of the people in charge of hiring bringing his buddys in off the street and letting them cheat on the core test but now im hearing they all got caught and a bunch of them were fired and DOE is pressing charges on others. its all just rumors though, anybody else hear anything? sort of sounds like what bartlett was doing at fernald with jr.'s resumes back in 2003-4, i know that all got brushed under the rug back then but i guess it really hit the fan at ports.
If at first you don't succeed, make someone else do it for you ;)

Offline Rain Man

• Very Heavy User
  • Constants aren't, variables won't.
Re: trouble in the portsmouth rad department
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 04:40 »
See the attached article:

http://www.huntingtonnews.net/63479
"Giving power and money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenaged boys." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Politics is the skilled use of blunt instruments"  -Lester B. Pearson

SATConsultant

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 07:44 »
I was at Portsmouth in 2004 as a Trainer and raised a concern with the NRC about the security of examination material in the training area.  File cabinets were being left unlocked and anyone could walk in and access the training records so I know there have been issues in the past.  There were always concerns about the good-ole boy relationships of the ex-Navy RP folks there and their favoritism towards hiring ex-Navy personnel, commercial experience or not.  I am sure that bending the books was not uncommon and maybe some of this has finally come to light.

Offline Rain Man

• Very Heavy User
  • Constants aren't, variables won't.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 08:58 by Rain Man »
"Giving power and money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenaged boys." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Politics is the skilled use of blunt instruments"  -Lester B. Pearson

Offline jcouch

• Rad Wiennie
  • Light User
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 04:48 »
now that ive heard some of the names that makes sense because most of the ones that got fired were the ones that were brought in off the street and didnt know what to do when their meter failed daily checks so they just used them out anyway, but that was two years ago so i cant believe they were still doing it. the 2360's out there were mostly junk, i cant count how many times i would grab one and it would fail so i would tag it then see it in the field an hour later. part of the reason the meters were junk was because of those so called " techs" that were working at fast food joints the month before not knowing how to use them let alone do the daily checks. no big shocker stuff was pen whipped. i got to have a nice little meeting with the FBI over 6months after i left there because of the racial issues that were going on in the rad department there which was the main reason i left in the first place. the place was a mess back then and it dont sound like it got any better lol.

Buckeyes1

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 08:54 »
Wow, this doesn't surprise me at all. I was there from 03 to 06 and the happiest day of my life was the day i was told I was getting laid off! (aside from my daughter's being born!) That place is a nightmare! The management, very clueless, and so arrogant they refused to take the advice of good, experienced tech's! And the racial issues, very very true!! I was only happy to be there because Cincinnati and Southern Ohio are my home and where I was born and raised. I got my first house tech job when I left that place and I have never looked back. there are/were some very good tech's and very good people there and I hope some of them don't get caught up in this!

Offline jcouch

• Rad Wiennie
  • Light User
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 10:29 »
@buckeyes1 the main cause of the racial issues was among the ones that got fired lol. and a bunch of his buddies that he helped cheat on the core were fired as well. it may have took awhile but i guess karma got "XX" ;)

Removed initials
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 10:48 by Marlin »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?