Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Stress of adjudication anxiety (Unemployment) honeypot

Author Topic: Stress of adjudication anxiety (Unemployment)  (Read 10659 times)

Offline indoprime

• HP on a stick
  • Moderate User
  • You got two choices..deal with it, or deal with it
Stress of adjudication anxiety (Unemployment)
« on: May 29, 2013, 09:06 »
Hi all,

I recently was laid off from my spring outage job! (YAY!) but once i got back home, i ran into a major snag.  Seems that the good folks in Mass had some issues with what my employer sent in to DUA-Mass. Needless to say, my unemployment money is being held up by bureaucratic red tape, the claims people in Mass cant seem to help, and it's all in the hands of the adjudicators to straighten all of it out.  Ive already had this problem once before when i had six weeks of unemployment money held up. That got released on my way back home from Mass...but now Ive run into THIS issue.  

Im already halfway through what I saved up, and Aug/Sept is a long way off... so my question is two fold...

1) Is anyone else going through this right now?

2) How are you dealing with the day to day stress?

It feels like I can't win for losing....
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 08:46 by Rennhack »
Excuses are tools of the incompetent which create monuments of nothingness, Those who specialize in their uses seldom achieve anything.

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
I cannot speak to your situation specifically, but my wife has had run-ins with various gov't or insurance agencies where the rep on the other end wouldn't (or didn't know how to) sort out the admin errors. The most recent being a hospital billing dept that just couldn't figure out how to send the proper paperwork to tricare for 6 months.

You have to find out where the error is and keep calling those people to get it fixed. They will tell you it takes x amount of weeks (or months) to send/receive the paperwork; that is a load of bs. They can resolve your issue in an hour if they actually work on it, which is why you call them until they do. It takes less than 5 minutes to fax paperwork and realistically another 15 minutes to enter whatever data into a computer.

If it's something your last employer needs to do, then call them every day until they fax over whatever paperwork is needed. If it's the public employee in Mass who can't figure it out, keep going up their ladder until you find someone who can fix it.

Again, remember that less than an hour of work can fix it all; don't take no for an answer and don't feel bad about being the squeeky wheel.

Eventually you might get lucky and find the rep who will take care of you, which is what happened in our cases.

Offline indoprime

• HP on a stick
  • Moderate User
  • You got two choices..deal with it, or deal with it
I have a rep who helped me with my claim, that I initially put in around Jan / Feb. But he's not in on certain days, so I'll just have to be relentless and call these people every day until someone gets me to an adjudicator.  I cant believe that there's no number for this person, and its a real simple fix. I even sent documentation that I was laid off from my last three plants.
Excuses are tools of the incompetent which create monuments of nothingness, Those who specialize in their uses seldom achieve anything.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Re: Stress of adjudication anxiety (Unemployment)
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 10:51 »
stupid question but have you tried talking to your ex-employer to try to fix it from their end also?  maybe they could send something better to Mass. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?