Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Mike Pyle

Author Topic: Mike Pyle  (Read 7481 times)

moodusjack

Mike Pyle
« on: Nov 19, 2004, 05:16 »
Knew Mike since 84.  Worked with him mostly at Pilgrim.

Vale.

radman5030

Re: Mike Pyle
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2004, 12:16 »
What happened??? Was he still working at Pilgrim?? :o

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2004, 02:32 »
I just heard about Mike from a friend... don't know any details yet, but when and if I get any I will pass them along.

Mike was one of the original good guys in this business... worked with him over 25 years ago.  Have not seen him in a long time, but he will always have a place in my heart and I will remember him with a smile on my face.

This is information from the Funeral home website:

Pyle of Manomet, age 51, Michael B. beloved longtime companion of Michelle (Melanson) LaBelle of Halifax. Loving father of Kimberly Cabral Foisy. Grandpapa of Victoria K. and Connor P. Foisy of Bridgewater. Brother of Benita Pyle, Patricia McCullough and Donna Pyle all of Georgia. Uncle of B. Michael McCullough of Georgia. Son of the late Benjamin and Myrtle Pyle of Georgia. He will deeply missed by his family and Friends. Visiting hours in the Cartmell Funeral home 150 Court St. Plymouth on Sat. from 1-4 pn only. Burial will be in Georgia on Monday. Memorial donations may be made to the  Alzheimers Assn. 36 Cameron Ave, Cambridge, MA 02140. Late employee of boston Edison and Entergy Pilgrim Station.  More info and directions visit www.cartmellfuneralhome.com

OBIT INFO
Died on Nov. 10, 2004 in Plymouth
Born in Texas on Oct. 9,1953
Educated in the Georgia schools.
He served in the US Navy many years before coming to Plymouth over 20 years ago to work for Boston Edison and Entergy.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

patzke

« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2005, 07:02 »
He passed from a heart attack.

Chimera

« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2005, 11:35 »
I haven't worked with Mike since 1979 at Millstone.  I am sorry to know he's gone . . . the world just became a little smaller.  "Captain Mike" will be missed.

Michael

ken

« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2005, 05:33 »
Remembering Mike Pyle.
I met Mike in '77 at a Plymouth eatery and heard that he was working at Pilgrim.  I asked Mike about employment contacts and thanks to him I started a 20 plus year career in the nuclear industry that year.  I worked with mike at various sites and then again at Pilgrim in the early eighties.  I was a house tech there when he was hired.  To his famiily and friends I send my condolenses knowing that there is nothing I can say to ease your loss except to let you know he is remembered and missed. Ken LeBlanc 

Kayesi

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 09:03 »
Hello to all who knew Mike Pyle;

I am Mike's sister Donna and all of us (his sisters & nephew) want you to know how much we appreciate the wonderful words from all of you.  :)  He was a heck of a man and we miss him very much  :'(  I am inserting the obit notice we had put in the Augusta Chronicle.  It was very sudden and very much a shock to us all.   

BOSTON, Mass. - Entered into rest November 10, 2004, at the Jordan Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, Michael B. Pyle, 51, of Plymouth, Massachusetts. Services will be held Monday, November 15, 2004 at 11:00 a.m. at the Starling Funeral Home, Harlem, Ga., with the Reverend Matt Judd and Melissa Weathers officiating. Interment will be in the Hillcrest Memorial Park, Augusta, Ga. Mr. Pyle was a native of El Paso, Texas and a Navy Veteran. He was a computer Operator and Region Manager in Plymouth, Massachusetts with Entergy Company. Survivors include three sisters, Benita E. Pyle, Thomson, Ga., Pat McCullough, Harlem, Ga., Donna K. Pyle, Grovetown, Ga. and a nephew, B. McCullough of Harlem; also Michelle LaBelle, devoted friend of Halifax, Ma. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the American Heart Association, P.O. Box 409410, Atlanta, Georgia 30384-9410. There will be no visitation. Starling Funeral Home, Hwy. 78, Harlem, Ga. 706-556-6524.  Published in The Augusta Chronicle from 11/13/2004 - 11/14/2004.

Again, thank you very much...Donna

radgal

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 11:37 »
My prayers are with you and the rest of the family.  So sorry

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?