Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu INL lodging honeypot

Author Topic: INL lodging  (Read 5555 times)

Offline turkeypoint1967

• Light User
INL lodging
« on: Jun 04, 2013, 11:42 »
Anyone know of lodging close to the site? Possible long term

SATConsultant

Re: INL lodging
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2013, 12:19 »
There is no close to the site lodging in Idaho Falls.  To be close to the site it is best to be on the far west side of Idaho Falls or south of Idaho Falls towards Shelley so you can take the West Arco highway out.  No matter from which direction it will be 25-35 miles to the facilities.  There are more rental opportunities on the west side of Idaho Falls than south of town.  Almost all rental agents can help in the area.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2013, 11:48 »
Anyone know of lodging close to the site? Possible long term

As SAT noted most people choose to live in Idaho Falls.

There are a few who come in from Blackfoot or Pocatello and there is a decent road in from the south to support that.

There are also some tiny communities west and north of the site that could be long-term options for someone who wanted to be away from it all.

But...plan on starting in Idaho Falls to get the most options for both housing and entertainment.  And it can be 50+ miles (one-way) depending on what part of the site you are working at.

Good luck!  :)
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2013, 02:48 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline 61nomad

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Jun 06, 2013, 03:35 »
Go month to month. If you are smart you will leave before the thermometer reads negative numbers, which is often in November.  Unless you are from somewhere colder like Pt. Barrow, Alaska you will tire of the additional pain and effort required.

nukewood

« Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2013, 06:02 »
I lived on the Snake River north of IF. The waterfall in my backyard was frozen solid by mid November.

Offline skull orchard 1

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2013, 10:44 »
I own the lost river motel in Arco, and work at AMWTP. I routinely rent to workers at the INL site, particularly the one working at rad waste or INTEC, my motel web site is lrmotel.com, phone number is 208-527-3600, we don't have much town entertainment but if you like the outdoors you'll be in heaven and we do have a super market and a dollar store so necessities are covered . I can beat most anybody's price, and you'd have a nice place to stay
Mike McIntosh

Offline skull orchard 1

• Lurker
« Reply #6 on: Jun 18, 2013, 10:56 »
additionally, my motel is 20 miles from rad waste
Mike

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?