Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Chem Tech to Operator?  

Author Topic: Chem Tech to Operator?  (Read 6690 times)

Offline bobthechemist

• Lurker
Chem Tech to Operator?
« on: Jun 05, 2013, 07:51 »
Hello! I've been offered a chemistry tech position. I'll probably accept the offer.

From some cursory research, it appears that it is possible to go from chem tech to operations. Is that accurate? If so, does it occur often?

If one was to start as a chem tech, and then transfer into operations, which role would they likely be transferring into - NLO?

Has anybody on here actually followed this career path? If so, what was your experience?

If anybody has any relevant info for me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Offline JRC27

• Very Lite User
Re: Chem Tech to Operator?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2013, 07:29 »
Hello! I've been offered a chemistry tech position. I'll probably accept the offer.

From some cursory research, it appears that it is possible to go from chem tech to operations. Is that accurate? If so, does it occur often?

If one was to start as a chem tech, and then transfer into operations, which role would they likely be transferring into - NLO?

Has anybody on here actually followed this career path? If so, what was your experience?

If anybody has any relevant info for me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I have done it and a bunch of the guys i work with have done it as well.  Some of us have gone from chem tech, to non-license operator to reactor operator.  There are a few guys who went right to reactor operator.

My personal experience is i hated being an apprentice.  I think the NLO is pretty much the best job you can have, sitting in the control room for 12 hours a day gets old real fast.  The benefit is you make yourself more marketable with the different qualifications you would get.

goldbergspare

« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2017, 02:25 »
hey guys are NLO/AUX/Equipment operator same positions? and are they paid the same as Chem tech?

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #3 on: Sep 02, 2017, 03:18 »
Yes, approximately the same $$. 

Offline Red Gold

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Sep 04, 2017, 11:41 »
Yep. NLOs are usually paid a little more than chem techs but it's typically only a modest difference on the order of a few $/hr.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?