Facility & Company Information > Bartlett

Blackballed?!

<< < (3/9) > >>

Eric_Bartlett:

--- Quote from: 61nomad on Jun 11, 2013, 10:48 ---Let me say this.. I very recently "confirmed" for an outage starting 3 months from now. Personally, I believe the commitment timeframe has been stretched too far. Being out of work with a family to support, if something decent comes along I will take it. I am replaceable and I would expect that if I gave Bartlett a month to find a somebody else that would be sufficient to avoid hard feelings. I would be interested to here Eric's take on the long commitment time.

--- End quote ---

I, as many techs will confirm, am willing to work with anyone regarding situations like this - but when someone confirms and holds a slot for 2-3 months an then backs out within a couple of weeks of the start date it does cause problems as security has already started, the site most likely has already assigned the individual to the area they will be covering, etc...  When it comes right down to it we aren't in business to hold slots for someone until something better comes along so the practice of confirming early for Plant A w/BNI, holding the slot for 2-3 Mo's then backing out to go with Brand X to Plant B is highly frowned upon and could result in us choosing not to utilize your services in the near future or only as a low priority rehire.  With that said I am always willing to work with someone as long as we get enough notice to replace them, especially if they are just looking to swap BNI sites.  I understand situations change over time especially confirming 4-5 mo's out.  My recommendation is unless you are dead set on going to site A, or you even have the slightest inkling that you may want to go somewhere else other than site A but are waiting on site B to open, don't confirm in for site A - that way it saves all parties the grief of having to go through the back-out scenario.  I know it's a crap shoot and may not seem fair, but I have a staffing department, with at times in excess of 30 plants to staff in a season, to run and we need to work by some sort of standard.   May not be what you wanted to hear, or it may be exactly what you expected me to say, either way as mentioned earlier I am willing to hear out and work with individuals as long as they can try and give me adequate notice to have a legitimate chance of backfilling the slot they are about to vacate.

Eric

BWSlayer:
Well Eric, what you are talking about is ILLEGAL and you folks at BNI have always thrown tantrums back to the Bruce days

Marlin:

--- Quote from: BWSlayer on Jun 12, 2013, 11:04 ---Well Eric, what you are talking about is ILLEGAL and you folks at BNI have always thrown tantrums back to the Bruce days

--- End quote ---

Can you be specific as it relates to at-will employment? If not at-will employment, what are the terms of your contract that he is violating? Please explain, what law is he breaking?

Eric_Bartlett:

--- Quote from: BWSlayer on Jun 12, 2013, 11:04 ---Well Eric, what you are talking about is ILLEGAL and you folks at BNI have always thrown tantrums back to the Bruce days

--- End quote ---

What exactly is illegal and how?  Or are you just one of those S&%t bomb throwers that throw the bomb then hide behind your anonymity?

Eric

bill10249:
Well, It has been a while since I have commented but it is time for my two cents worth.  I can tell you from experience of over 30 years in the industry. Barlett never did me wrong and I worked for them all from NSSI, to RAd services and IRm in the olden days. when Bruce was there he would always take my call and if they had work I never felt blackballed. I always met my commitment to any company i worked for and  they met thiers to me.  I know it has changed over the years.  I am getting ready to retire from DOE work and hope to work some short term stuff to buy more corvettes. The 2014 stingray looks soooo good.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version