Facility & Company Information > Bartlett

Blackballed?!

<< < (8/9) > >>

hamsamich:
Bartlett is a company trying to make money, and keep the customer and the employee relatively happy to continue doing business.  But the employee gets caught up in BS not always at fault also.  Life isn't fair, and however hard we want to think "you reap what you sew", it just isn't always the case.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-world_phenomenon

MidnightMeterMan:
First and foremost you must take care of yourself..

With that being said, we should all go about doing things the right way. Things come up and plans change..We owe it to the company that keeps us employed to inform them ASAP if we back out of an outage or intend on working somewhere else for whatever reason.

Back in 2010 I was confirmed to go to Callaway...6 weeks before my report date I got a 6 month Job offer in my hometown. I called Joey and explained to him of my current situation, he thanked me for letting him know in advance and he said he would have no problem filling that spot. Since then Bartlett has still kept me working. I'm honest with the recruiters and hope they are honest back...

Sometimes we should put ourselves in there shoes...They are getting hundreds of calls a day and everyone wants to go to Plant 1 or Plant 2, Not everyone can go.

I'm done with my Rant!  :P

Smart People:
I was at an outage for three days.

The day i showed up for a six week outage, I got notice that I had been approved for a year long job with another company.

I let my site coordinator know immediately and asked to be released. He talked with house management and since I had always been a good worker there and well liked, they gave the approval.

Of course the contract company would only pay me minimum wage for my time. I had no problem with that (it was in the offer letter for the training phase).

It's usually the best policy to be honest and straight forward.

The year long job lasted for almost 2 1/2 years so it worked out well for me.

HeatherB.:
This thread is laughable... Blackballed? Probation? Ooops we lost your resume?

We're arguing semantics & synonyms here.

And while I appreciate Eric Bartlett's appearance here on these message boards, I certainly haven't gotten any professional feedback surveys from his company. From ANY of the companies... I've worked for them all. Aren't they interested in what happened at their site? Don't they want some undiluted input as to how their techs and their site coordinators are really representing Bartlett in the field? Do they really trust the exit-interview process? (also, laughable at best.) And even more important, how would they guarantee to protect & reward the techs that told them the ugly truth?

If any of the companies really & truly care about their techs, their agents in the field, their most prized commodity... then they should be spending this summer down-time reaching out (letters, e-mails, texts, etc.) and asking for some CANDID input from us. IMHO, they can only limp along on so many contracts. Sad when the RPM's admit this too. That's why its best to sidestep the contractor companies & keep networking with your utility friends. The middle man scenario is losing it's appeal quickly.

Or is ignorance bliss?  :-\

Marlin:

--- Quote from: Blah Blah Blah on Jul 30, 2013, 07:00 ---Or is ignorance bliss?  :-\

--- End quote ---

Apparently  [coffee]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version