Facility & Company Information > Region II (South East)

Privatize TVA?

(1/3) > >>

wingnut:
I've been watching postings here and elsewhere about how TVA is doing when it comes to operating its nuclear fleet. Over the past few years I have been at Browns Ferry and Watts Bar. Both have had more than their fair share of grief. BFN is still not out of trouble with the NRC in resolving its red finding. Watts Bar Unit 2 blew out budgets and start up dates. The list goes on. Its time to sell. IMHO Browns Ferry still operates because  one government entity (NRC) won't shut down another (TVA). Regulators shut down Cook in '97 and it learned and advanced. TVA won't advance because, as a government entity, it doesn't owe anyone (stockholders) anything.

Fermi2:
They should at least privatize the nuclear end of it. I agree.

Bleyse:

--- Quote from: wingnut on Jul 26, 2013, 12:38 ---IMHO Browns Ferry still operates because  one government entity (NRC) won't shut down another (TVA)...  TVA won't advance because, as a government entity, it doesn't owe anyone (stockholders) anything.

--- End quote ---

This could not be further from the truth.

Fermi2:
Bleyse is correct. That has nothing to do with it, however, TVA would be far better off privatized. The peoplebin the valley don't realize it because they've only known TVA. Corker is right.

HydroDave63:

--- Quote from: Broadzilla on Jul 26, 2013, 04:37 ---TVA would be far better off privatized.

--- End quote ---

Only if those REAs and townies that get first preference power sales want to start paying market rates....they'd miss that cheap coal and hydro pretty quick!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version