Facility & Company Information > Region II (South East)

Privatize TVA?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Fermi2:
Cheap Coal is rapidly becoming a thing of TVA Past. Hydro hasn't been a valid part of the mix since I have been here. TVA rates are not all that cheap anymore. Exelon and Entergy could run it better under the modern restrictions. TVA runs a river better than anyone but the rest can be done better by others.

61nomad:
Broad,
Did you mean "ruins" a river better than anyone?

Fermi2:
I think they run the River quite well but need new management blood to an extent. I think Johnsons cleaning house is a great thing and should run down to the department head level. Replace them with Exellon and Entergy or Duke Folks. Or simply privatize.

Old HP:
Be careful what you ask for in regard to Duke or Exelon as I have seen them change a number of nuclear plants in the last 10 years and not one of them was in a positive direction.

HydroDave63:
Another factor that would make selling off TVA politically difficult, is the slew of litigation that would come from the former landowners.

Eminent domain of Grampa Jed's valley farm for a government dam project is one thing, but if the government doesn't need that project anymore, why should that there land go to some city slickers in Chicago or Charlotte?  [mob]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version