Career Path > Coming Back

I want to go on the road

<< < (2/17) > >>

GLW:

--- Quote from: RDTroja on Aug 07, 2013, 04:25 ---
....Most outages run about 3-4 weeks..............and the length of your stay can grow.....

--- End quote ---

outages which run over 60 days can result in an hours cut,...YMMV,... [coffee]

RDTroja:

--- Quote from: GLW on Aug 07, 2013, 04:38 ---outages which run over 60 days can result in an hours cut,...YMMV,... [coffee]

--- End quote ---

Sometimes true... but then you are in outage gravy territory (or grave, if you have another outage to go to and can't get released) in which case the referenced numbers change. Sometimes better, sometimes worse.

milo124:
Much better information than I posted.  I also noticed Bartlett has several outages listed together and I'm guessing its to travel from one site to the next within the same company.  How well does that work?

RDTroja:

--- Quote from: milo124 on Aug 07, 2013, 05:27 ---Much better information than I posted.  I also noticed Bartlett has several outages listed together and I'm guessing its to travel from one site to the next within the same company.  How well does that work?

--- End quote ---

I have worked Bartlett 'circuits' before (two, three, or even 4 linked outages) and as long as you set them up right it works very well... if you can get from one place to the next quickly enough. I literally worked a 12 hour day at one site (a couple of those hours were 'body count credit' hours) on a Sunday (Superbowl Sunday as a matter of fact) and twelve hours on Monday at another plant -- that was only about 2 hours drive away. At the end of the second outage I had two days to travel about 750 miles to report at the next plant and then I had two days to get from there (Pennsylvania) to Florida for the next outage. I had to leave the PA outage before they wanted me to go and it was a bit dicey, but since it had been arranged in advance (by the contract company) it all worked... but I would not suggest trying anything that complex.

I guess the answer to 'How well does it work' is like a lot of other answers -- it depends on the plants, the timing, your tolerance of being jerked around a little, you willingness to drive a lot on short rest and with little time and how hungry you are. I got a lot of hours into one outage season that way. I would not make a routine out of what I did, but a two or possibly three outage 'chain' would probably be OK.

Dagon:
61 NOmad   Radiation Safety Tech.  Power Plant.

I think I could live on 24K pretty easy.  Would teching get me there?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version