Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Another Academic waiver question honeypot

Author Topic: Another Academic waiver question  (Read 3362 times)

Offline uncreative22

• Lurker
Another Academic waiver question
« on: Aug 15, 2013, 07:09 »
A little background:

I am a 22 year old African American female and did very well in hs math with above a 90 in all 4 years, but here is the problem.

I have fail every math class after my first semester of college due to many different circumstances including death. I know the military has a zero tolerance for excuses and I am willing to take full responsibility for my actions. The reason why I opened up another thread is because I want more updated info instead of the info from 3 years ago. I have no previous arrest nor does anyone in my family. We are all US citizens and I have no relation to anyone outside of the US. THIS IS THE ONLY THING I AM EXTREMELY WORRIED ABOUT!!!!

So here are my questions:

1. What are my chances of getting in with 4 D's in college? The classes were matrix, calc 3, numerical methods/analysis, and discrete math

2. Do they have a limited number of females they can accept into the nuke program? From the threads I have read it looks like we have a longer waiting time and they don't like to accept that many.

3. If I did by some miracle get in what is the average waiting time in DEP?

4. I know my recruiter is there to help me for the most part but do you think I should ask specific questions about my waivers to someone already in the nuke program?

5. How competitive is it to get in right at this moment? Are many people being qualified with no waivers needed?

6. What are the best possible arguments I can make in my waiver statement? Is there anything they like to see when they are making a decision to approve an academic degenerate?

P.S. I just get the feeling I can't get the answers I am looking for from my recruiter.

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
Re: Another Academic waiver question
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2013, 10:37 »
1) Your recruiter would have the most up-to-date information. The guidelines for this are covered by instructions which I couldn't find in a quick google search on public access websites.

2) No.

3) Ask your recruiter.

4) What do you mean by this? Joe Schmo nuke isn't going to be able to do anything for you.

5) Ask your recruiter.

6) Accept full responsibility for not putting in enough effort to succeed. Nothing about your sex, skin color, or stories about external factors affecting your performance.

Most enlisted recruiters would be doing backflips to get you into the nuke program if they could, so the answers you get to questions 1, 2, 3, and 5 are probably going to be accurate. If you doubt it, you can always try a different recruiting station to verify.
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2013, 10:40 by spekkio »

Offline uncreative22

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2013, 11:45 »
Hi I just wanted to state the outcome of my experience. I was able to get the nuke contract pretty much right away. Apparently as long as your math is above calculus one you should be ok. Also for future reference I am in a bad position right now and have a really supportive recruiter so with a letter explaining my situation I am able to ship out sooner. Currently it looks like most females with ship out in march and the males in april for regular contracts. I hope my information helps and I can't wait to go.

Druid

« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2013, 11:33 »
I'm glad that the recruiter was able to work through the process with you.

Best of luck!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?