Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NNPS Graduation Dates

Author Topic: NNPS Graduation Dates  (Read 2877 times)

Offline gccrd

• Light User
NNPS Graduation Dates
« on: Sep 04, 2013, 12:09 »
I report to NNPS in December and the plan is to get married right after graduating.  I've been searching around to find the date that I will be graduating but the PERS-42 website only has classes through AUG 2013, which doesn't help me. Does anyone know where I can find an accurate list of graduation dates for classes for the next fiscal year so that I can set a date to get married?  Thanks!

Offline DadofMM-ELT

• Light User
Re: NNPS Graduation Dates
« Reply #1 on: Sep 05, 2013, 10:52 »
Based on our son's experience, you'll want to add the length of your "A" school (3 or 6 months I believe) to the nominal length of Power School (6 months). Then throw that number out the window and don't even think about making wedding plans until you actually start Power School (and remember you've got at least another 6 months at prototype plus ELT or Welder schools should you be selected).

As a data point: Son of DadofFutureNuke (now an actual ELT) encountered multiple delays, some common, some not:

• Hold to class up for MM A-School - about 2 weeks as I recall and typical
  • Hold to class up for Power School - I'm thinking more than a month, but I could be way off
  • Hold for Prototype - 6 months (yes really)

The last one is completely unpredictable - he didn't know when he would go for sure until he ended up in the last group. When you add it all up including basic, he spent roughly two years "in the pipeline".

Another data point: Son found the woman he's likely to marry late in Power School. He completed the pipeline, got assigned to a boat being overhauled, rode another to get qualified and is now back at the shipyard doing whatever it is ELTs do when the plant is shutdown and *finally* renting a house and doing the "live together" thing to make sure they can stand each other on a daily basis. He's been in almost 3 years at this point.

Good luck and thank you for your service!

Offline gccrd

• Light User
Re: NNPS Graduation Dates
« Reply #2 on: Sep 05, 2013, 10:05 »
Thanks DadofFutureNuke.  I am an Ensign so I will not be attending A-School.  A buddy of mine who is a Candi-O in OCS found out a document that the graduation date for the Dec. class is June 6th so it looks like I got the info I needed.  If anyone knows differently, let me know though.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?