Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu What is typical Exelon response time after an interview?

Author Topic: What is typical Exelon response time after an interview?  (Read 21059 times)

Offline Nukette

• Light User
I know I am flooding the forums with my AO interview issues, but it has been two and a half weeks with no word.  I sent thank you letters to all of the interviewers right after, and an email at the end of last week to show I was still very much interested (no response).  The Shift Operations Superintendent gave me his card and said to call if I had anymore questions.  I want to call someone and get an idea of what is going on, but I don't want to be the pest that keeps bugging about it.  Last time I had applied, Exelon never got back to me about it and it took almost two months to finally get a response from them.  I don't want this to be a repeat, any advice or suggestions??

Offline SpaceJustice

• Moderate User
  • SRO ILT
Re: What is typical Exelon response time after an interview?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2013, 10:59 »
I know I am flooding the forums with my AO interview issues, but it has been two and a half weeks with no word.  I sent thank you letters to all of the interviewers right after, and an email at the end of last week to show I was still very much interested (no response).  The Shift Operations Superintendent gave me his card and said to call if I had anymore questions.  I want to call someone and get an idea of what is going on, but I don't want to be the pest that keeps bugging about it.  Last time I had applied, Exelon never got back to me about it and it took almost two months to finally get a response from them.  I don't want this to be a repeat, any advice or suggestions??

I just went through the process with Exelon.  I got a call about a week and a half to two weeks after my interview from one of their HR reps letting me know that they were still in the decision making phase.  About a week after that I got my offer.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2013, 03:55 »

Call.

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline Protectologist

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2013, 12:52 »
You may never hear from Exelon again. That is their way of saying they hired someone else. They will assure you that they will notify you either way and they are very personable when talking with you and I hope you enjoyed the interview process. Exelon invests a lot in that process. But if you aren't chosen then the silence is deafening. Your calls aren't returned and your emails aren't answered. Don't take it as a statement on your qualifications they simply chose another candidate. And don't take it as condemnation of Exelon. This is common practice across the industry. Very few companies will let you know your weren't chosen.

Offline Nukette

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Sep 23, 2013, 10:58 »
I emailed everyone individually who I had contact with and I called the HR rep as well as the SOS with no response...  I guess it is pretty safe to say I did not get it.  So much for the third time being the charm.  I will just wait until the next AO position opens!  I wish they told us why we were not chosen.

Offline Nukette

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2013, 05:01 »
I spoke too soon!  I got the job!!!!

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2013, 09:12 »
I spoke too soon!  I got the job!!!!
Congrats and good luck.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2014, 09:10 »
Congrats and good luck.

Congratulations.  Welcome to the World of Exelon, your life will be changed forever.  My response came in three days just to answer your question.
LM

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #8 on: Apr 20, 2014, 01:43 »
I interviewed with Exelon in March and was told the screening process would take 4-6 weeks. I contacted them a couple weeks ago (the 4 weeks point) to find out about how I did on the POSS, BMST, and FLS assessment. I found out I was recommended on all three and they would contact me in a few weeks for the next steps. Is it safe to infer that means a job offer is likely? I assume so, since, first, they took the time to respond, and, second, they didn't say they were going with other candidates.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?