Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Mickey Franczak Memorial Oct 19, 2013 honeypot

Author Topic: Mickey Franczak Memorial Oct 19, 2013  (Read 3140 times)

friend of mic

Mickey Franczak Memorial Oct 19, 2013
« on: Sep 17, 2013, 08:54 »
Dear Friends of Mic Franczak:

I am a college friend of Mic, and many of us had no idea he was so sick.  He stopped returning emails and I figured it was due to his blindness.  Many of us were shocked and very saddened to learn about his passing in the Albright College newspaper. 

I wanted to let you and all Mic's co-workers and friends know that his Zeta Omega Epsilon college fraternity brothers and football teammates are gathering for a memorial of sorts for Mic at Albright College Homecoming on Saturday October 19th, 2013.  We will be amongst all the tailgaters behind the football stadium.

Albright College Homecoming
N 12th Street at Exeter Street
Reading, PA

10am – We will have a tent set up in the open grass area at N 12th St and Exeter St, Reading, PA, behind the football stadium. 

We are planning to have hamburgers, hotdogs, and of course…beer… (after all, it's a party FOR Mic)

12pm – We will take a group shot of all those who have shown up in memory of Mic.

12:30pm – We will enter the football stadium from the corner of Exeter St and N 12th St. 
His friends and family will all gather on the football field.  The game announcer will then acknowledge us and will make a statement about Mickey's passing earlier this year and list some of his record-setting accomplishments as the field goal kicker during his years with the football team.  There will also be a photo of Mic and a list of his accomplishments in the game program.

1pm
The Homecoming football game starts.  I'll assume most people will return to the tent for burgers and beer.

4pm
The beer usually runs out and everyone heads to Ronie's Bar to finish out the night.  Many of us have made reservations at the local hotels.

Ronie's
936 Exeter Street
Reading, PA 19604
(610) 373-7400

Please feel welcome to join us and let me know if you can attend.  We'll be sharing stories about the Mickey we all knew and loved, and we would love to hear yours.  Also please send this invitation on to all that knew him and would like to attend. 

Please let me know if you, or anyone else can make it.  Also please use my email below for any communications.

Ken Borland
ken_borland@hotmail.com

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?