News and Discussions > Nuke News

Obama Takes on Coal With First-Ever Carbon Limits

(1/2) > >>

Ksheed:
"Linking global warming to public health, disease and extreme weather, the Obama administration pressed ahead Friday with tough requirements to limit carbon pollution from new power plants, despite protests from industry and from Republicans that it would mean a dim future for coal."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/obama-takes-coal-carbon-limits-20313553

Marlin:

--- Quote from: ksheed12 on Sep 20, 2013, 02:11 ---"Linking global warming to public health, disease and extreme weather, the Obama administration pressed ahead Friday with tough requirements to limit carbon pollution from new power plants, despite protests from industry and from Republicans that it would mean a dim future for coal."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/obama-takes-coal-carbon-limits-20313553

--- End quote ---

The good green EPA versus the evil energy industry and their elected government lap dogs.  ::) The discussion may change after the 27th when the IPCC publishes their newest report. I am sure the song will be the same but the data will not support them and hopefully we will really get a dialogue about CO2 and it's affect on temperature rise. I believe that from what I am hearing they will have to admit that the models they have used are wrong.

Marlin:
   MSM and progressives (but I repeat myself) still tout their climate change beliefs. This writer puts it in Real Clear terms. (Pun Intended)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2013/09/19/climate_change_ice-capped_119998.html

Ksheed:

--- Quote from: Marlin on Sep 20, 2013, 03:51 ---   The good green EPA versus the evil energy industry and their elected government lap dogs.  ::) The discussion may change after the 27th when the IPCC publishes their newest report. I am sure the song will be the same but the data will not support them and hopefully we will really get a dialogue about CO2 and it's affect on temperature rise. I believe that from what I am hearing they will have to admit that the models they have used are wrong.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps that is why they are turning to the supposed health risks associated with coal plants as their reasoning for shutting down the industry.  [2cents]

As always no solution to energy needs, just more about what we need to stop using. It's like quitting your job before you have a new one lined out.

Marlin:

--- Quote from: ksheed12 on Sep 20, 2013, 04:34 ---Perhaps that is why they are turning to the supposed health risks associated with coal plants as their reasoning for shutting down the industry.  [2cents]

--- End quote ---

Coal plants are not without risk they are the largest contributor of mercury emissions in the US. Most of it is from a fraction of older plants. We don't build new coal plants because of a very debatable hazard of CO2 while older mercury spewing plants are left on line to maintain power to the grid that solar and wind are not capable of providing.

[bad mood]

[coffee]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version