Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Does NUPOC have a Tier Level "Scoresheet" for schools?

Author Topic: Does NUPOC have a Tier Level "Scoresheet" for schools?  (Read 7639 times)

Offline Trondheim

• Lurker
Oklahoma Baptist University recently posted an article claiming that the Navy recently designated their Physics department as the only Tier One program in the Oklahoma/N. Texas region for NUPOC.  Is there such a Tier listing, and if so, where can one access it?  I have heard various rumors regarding such a list and a NuPOC recruiter alluded to certain schools having a better rep for NuPOC selection than others.  I would be particularly interested in Colorado schools.  The recruiter indicated that, all things equal, Colorado School of Mines had a leg up, but that CU-Boulder/CSU-Fort Collins/UC-Denver were generally on par.  Is this true, and if so, where can one find this information as some other Colorado schools may also be of interest.  This information is geared towards NUPOC subs, not reactors or instructors, if that makes a difference.  (And I have tried multiple google searches, but they have not been fruitful).  Thanks.
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2013, 10:49 by Rennhack »

HeavyD

Re: Does NUPOC have a Tier Level "Scoresheet" for schools?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2013, 11:35 »
For clarity's sake, NUPOC stands for Nuclear Power Officer Candidate..

Also, all subs that the US Navy still routinely operates are nuclear; all officers on a sub, with the exception of the Supply Officer, are Nuke Officers.

Just 2 cents of info for your use.

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
Re: Does NUPOC have a Tier Level "Scoresheet" for schools?
« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2013, 12:26 »
The baseline requirements to apply for NUPOC subs is:

-Enrolled in a bachelor program.
-One year of calculus and calculus based physics complete.
-Junior year or later.
-Under 29 years old, but over 18.
-U.S. citizen.
-Meet Navy PFA and BCA requirements.
-Eligible for TS/SCI security clearance.

I don't know why you would select a university and major based solely on applying for submarines in two years. That seems rather silly to me. Successful sub officers have a variety of degrees, some technical, some not. Yours truly has a non-technical degree from a no-name state university.
« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2013, 12:27 by spekkio »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?