Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Rich Warnick

Author Topic: Rich Warnick  (Read 11129 times)

Offline Wojo

• Gold Member
Rich Warnick
« on: Oct 08, 2013, 05:15 »
All, for those that have not heard yet, we lost Rich Warnick last weekend.  I first worked with Rich in 1994 at Maine Yankee.  We ran into each other again during the decommissioning at Plum Brook.  He was here at Zion as an ALARA coordinator.  One of the truly good guys in this business.  He will be sorely missed. 

WARNICK, Richard J. Of Wolcott, NY, formerly of Reading, MA, died on October 3, 2013, after a serious illness. Richard was the loving husband of Christine (Hixon) Warnick; devoted father of LaDonna and Charlie Acker; beloved son of Marianne (Connor) Warnick and the late Robert S. Warnick; cherished brother of Barbara and Edward Silberman, Nancy and Paul Kerrigan, Douglas Warnick, Stephen and Jean Warnick, Marian and Gary Nihan, Thomas Warnick, Christopher Warnick and Christina Yang, David and Christine Warnick, and Paul and Moira Warnick. He was greatly admired by his many nieces and nephews. Richard worked as a radiation protection manager for Siempelkamp Nuclear Services based in South Carolina. He was an avid reader, loved music and appreciated the beauty of nature. Richard was kind, generous and unassuming with a great sense of humor. He loved nothing more than to be with his family at their cottage on the shore of Lake Ontario. Visitation will be Monday October 7th, from 5 8 p.m. at the Norton Funeral Home, 5925 New Hartford Street, Wolcott, NY. A funeral service will be held at the Norton Funeral Home on Tuesday, October 8th at 10:00 a.m. followed by interment at the Huron Evergreen Cemetery, Wolcott, NY. Donations to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, www.jdrf.org 60 walnut St. Wellesley Hills, MA 02481, are appreciated. On-line condolences to the Warnick family may be sent to: www.hsnorton.com
Lost my boots in transit, pile of smokin leather, nailed the retreads to my feet and prayed for better weather - J Garcia

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
Re: Rich Warnick
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2013, 06:08 »
Dicko was one of the ones that showed me how 30 years ago. That calm way of knowing what was next, that dry humor when you least expected it.
It's been a long time since we worked together.
The industry is an emptier place...
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2013, 06:51 »
Thanks Woj,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2013, 08:18 »
I worked with Rick a long time ago, at a site which is still shrouded in fog.  He was one whom you didn't forget, as he was the type who would work well with the situation and the people involved.  A good quiet man with a great knowledge base.  Miss him already.
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline roadhp

• Moderate User
  • Playing in the bathtub!!!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 09, 2013, 06:07 »
Debbie and I are sorry to hear about Rich.  Truly a good man to work for.
Brave, brave Sir Robin, set forth from Camelot!!!!

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Oct 09, 2013, 07:59 »
I am saddened to hear of the loss of one of the greats. He was able to work with just about anyone as long as the BS was taken off the table. Always trying to learn more and be a positive influence. He created opportunities and encouraged others to do better. I worked with him in the 80s and 90s, last at CY. He then went west. I extend condolences to his family.

stownsend

« Reply #6 on: Oct 09, 2013, 08:40 »
Worked with Rich many times ,many places always fun. RIP my friend.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Oct 09, 2013, 09:04 »
Very sorry to here that Dicko is no longer with us.  Great guy with that big walrus mustache.  Spent many an hour trading music and a little racquetball mixed in.  My condolences to his family.
LM

Offline shiine8

• Light User
  • it aint pretty
« Reply #9 on: Oct 10, 2013, 01:13 »
Sorry to hear of this loss. Dicko was a good man and took good care of the people that worked for him. RIP Dicko

Offline galent

• Light User
  • Somebody toss me a crumb, will ya?
« Reply #10 on: Oct 16, 2013, 01:30 »
So sorry to hear of Discko's passing. He was one of the rare and genuinely good guys with a great sense of humor. Met him at Vermonat Yankee in 1985 during the recirc piping replacement outage. We played raquetball in Springfield with some other VY guys occasionally. I hadn't seen him in over 25 years until running into him briefly at SPRU in 2011. He will be sorely missed 

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
« Reply #11 on: Oct 18, 2013, 04:24 »
Sorry to hear of this.  Dicko was one of the first I met when I got in business 30 years ago at Grand Gulf.   Learned a lot of my craft from him..  A good man and he will be missed..
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

Offline incrediblehulk

• Moderate User
  • Dum vivimus, vivamus!!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2014, 02:09 »
Wow - typing through the tears on this one...
I worked with and for Dicko many times over the years. One of the great, old Road Warriors. He taught me a lot about how to live a good, fulfilled life. I only wish I was half as good at it as he was. Amanda and I send our best wishes and condolences to his family. So long Buddy.
                                            -Steve Holcomb
Life is short. That is all there is to say. Get what you can from the present - thoughtfully, justly.
                               - Marcus Aurelius

Liberty is never unalienable. It must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes.
                          -R.A. Heinlein

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?