Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Bob King honeypot

Author Topic: Bob King  (Read 24893 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Bob King
« on: Oct 12, 2013, 06:08 »
It is with a heavy heart that I share the passing of Bob King. A RP tech and a friend. He was working night shift at D.C. Cook with his wife Jackie and son Randy. He passed quietly in his sleep.

surf50

Re: Bob King
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2013, 06:33 »
Sorry to hear this. I worked with/for him many times; a good guy. My condolences to Randy and the family.

Bruce

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2013, 08:03 »
I am also very sad to hear this. I worked with Bob in a couple of places, most recently at St. Lucie. He was a very nice guy and it was always a bright spot in the shift to talk to him. I will certainly miss him.
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2013, 06:43 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2013, 11:02 »
That's too bad, loved Bob.  He made working outages much more fun.  Always looked forward to working with him.  He tried to keep everybody happy, which was a hard job.  It will be hard to fill his shoes.  Sorry Randy.  Jim

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2013, 11:02 »
Bob was a good guy. My heart goes out to his wife, Randy and family.
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline Rad Bimmer

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2013, 12:16 »
Very shocked to hear this. Bob King is indeed a great person to work for and with who was always happy, smiling, but most of all, always focused because he is very passionate about his job. He will be missed. Prayers and condolences to his wife, his son Randy King as well as the rest of the family. God Bless

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 13, 2013, 01:31 »
My condolences to Randy and his Mom. Just spoke with Bob last night. Always a made everyone's day brighter. "As fine as frog hair" line will be missed by all. May God be with you Randy and Jackie....Spanky
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2016, 08:06 by Mike McFarlin »
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline btkeele

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #7 on: Oct 13, 2013, 06:56 »
It's hard to find words to express my sorrow, Bob was a good friend and I enjoyed working with him. 
Randy, I am so sorry for the loss for you and your mother..
Your father will truly be missed,
Barry

Offline Nukedog80

• Lurker
« Reply #8 on: Oct 13, 2013, 07:52 »
I have had many good years of working with Bob, he will truly be missed . I will always remember him wearing his "Signature" fishing shirts & I would always say " I bet you would rather be fishing. My condolences to Randy & Jackie, May God Bless his family. RIP Buddy........
Joe

Offline liam

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 13, 2013, 07:55 »
My condolences to Jackie and Randy.  Bob was one of the good guys! 
L. Putt

Offline felchie

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 13, 2013, 01:32 »
Our condolences to the King family.  Bob was always a pleasure to work with....
Mark & Katrina

Offline coolbreeze20650

• Light User
  • Look over your shoulder!
« Reply #11 on: Oct 14, 2013, 06:01 »
Spent many outage nights listening to fishing stories and perspectives on life.  Very sorry to hear this and our thoughts go out to Jackie and Randy.  I am sure that he is already scoping out the new "fishing holes" and offering to give some lessons.  Mike and Sandy
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2013, 03:48 by coolbreeze20650 »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #12 on: Oct 14, 2013, 06:32 »
Quote from Randy King's Facebook page today:

"my dad didn't believe in funerals, he never liked the idea that people gather around looking at you......even though he wasn't a religious man, he said the bible said ashes to ashes and dust to dust......so he will be cremated today.......please pray for my mom and I today....."

Offline Pete McAllister

• Light User
« Reply #13 on: Oct 14, 2013, 07:27 »
I was lucky enough to run into Bob on my first day in Nuclear Power. It was also his first day. We were two redneck, back woods guys. He had a Truck and I had a Jeep. I got to watch Randy grow up, and spent time with Jackie and Bob on the road, in Campgrounds. Bob and him family, were a big part of my chosen  family, (you have the family you got stuck with, and the one you picked). Over the years we worked with each other a lot, and that was good. I took a lot of advice from Bob, and was lucky enough to give him some in return. The one thing that will always stick with me is, he broke the rule that you can’t be your kids friend, and their father. For I know he did just that he was Randy’s best friend, and a great Dad, if not the best dad. I will always cherish the time I was blessed to spend with Bob, and his family. We were blessed that he chose Nuclear Power to work. Randy and Jackie you know we love you, and there will not be a day that you are not in our prayers. Apparently there instrument issues in heaven and they needed a good man to take care of them. The McAllisters

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #14 on: Oct 14, 2013, 11:26 »
I am very saddened to hear of Bob's passing. Spent many a night shift cussin' and discussin' the problems of the world with him. I will miss those times. My prayers and condolences to Jackie and Randy.

RIP Bob.
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

ljeanniepc

« Reply #15 on: Oct 14, 2013, 01:21 »
So sorry to hear this!!! Worked with both of you over the years. He was a great guy and will be missed. Thinking of you and your family!!!!!

fraz-me

« Reply #16 on: Oct 14, 2013, 03:25 »
Worked several outages with Bob and Randy at Hatch. He will be sorely missed. Thoughts and prayers go out to Randy and the King family. RIP.

Offline AARPSHP

• Light User
« Reply #17 on: Oct 14, 2013, 09:41 »
Bob and I worked Instruments together for many years.  When I quit my house job Bob and Randy were there to show me the ropes.  I learned something from him every time we worked together.  In his words "He was good People".  You do not meet to many friends in your life like Robert King.  He will forever be my buddy.  Randy and Jackie my thoughts and prayers are with you both.  Love you.

Marvin Manninen

Offline Seabeagle

• Lurker
Bob King
« Reply #18 on: Oct 15, 2013, 09:26 »
I'm just so lost for words yet there's just so much I'm saying about my daddy!!!!he is a very proud man who loved my mom and myself very much and loved his grand beagles and grand cats very much!!!! my mom Jackie and I appreciate everyone's kind words and thoughts about my DAD!!!!!! working outages will never be the same for us!!!!!!!!!!

Jackie and Randy King

Offline litespeed

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #19 on: Oct 16, 2013, 06:33 »
What can I say about Bob? What a great man, great tech and great friend to all who knew him.
Although our paths have not crossed in many years, I often thought of him and all the laughs we had together while working outages at CR-III, St. Lucie, Hatch and several other sites. Bob certainly had a way with words. He will be missed dearly.
Randy and Jackie, please accept my sincere condolences.

Morris Patterson

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #20 on: Oct 16, 2013, 02:59 »
Jim just told me.... and I'm just heartsick.  Bob was always so kind to me and looked after me, when others turned away.  I was looking forward to going fishin' with him once we move to Florida.   My heart goes out to Jackie and Randy.  Please know Bob was loved by so many, me included.  I will miss him  :'(

Offline Seabeagle

• Lurker
Bob King
« Reply #21 on: Oct 17, 2013, 11:55 »
I always loved hearing the stories about the people he met and those crazy jobs that happen at the plants......he always like seeing an old friend or that co worker who he met long ago.... and they would talk about those times like it was yetersday. My mom and I are greatful for having Bob King as her husband and as my dad!!!!!

Randy King

Offline Jack U. Loyd

• Light User
« Reply #22 on: Oct 17, 2013, 01:16 »

Loved his nicknames!

For awhile .. I actually thought I WAS Skid Row!

RIP Brother!

Wishbone

Offline Big Kajun

• Lurker
« Reply #23 on: Oct 18, 2013, 09:53 »
The Eupper, the cajun, and the mullet. Great memories at CR3. Mullet...you will be missed.

Cajun

Offline AARPSHP

• Light User
« Reply #24 on: Oct 23, 2013, 06:23 »
That was the best outage I ever had working instruments with you 2.  By the end of the night we hundreds and hundreds of instruments done so day shift could come in a bust them up again.  The 3 of us were a good team. 

Offline NJ

• Moderate User
« Reply #25 on: Oct 30, 2013, 12:53 »
What a loss to anyone who has had the pleasure to work with Bob.  Bob was always a great leader and full of wisdom.  I will always have a place in my heart for him.  My deepest condolence to Randy and Jackie.  RIP Bob King.

Offline radglo

• Light User
« Reply #26 on: Dec 07, 2013, 01:30 »
Bob always greeted you with that wonderful smile. Tammie and I are saddened by his passing. Our prayers go out for Randy and Jackie. We all will truly miss Bob. He was one of the greats!
Dusty and Tammie

hptek1

« Reply #27 on: Feb 07, 2014, 10:00 »
My condolences to Jackie and Randy.  Bob was the best, you know that.
There are alot of great memories of Bob at work and in the campgrounds, him and his jack Russell driving by in the truck.
Randy, I remember your Dad telling me you were getting into the business and if I ran into you I should make sure I helped out if you needed it. That's a good father.
I mourn your loss,
Paul B.

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
  • Finished the 5 year plan in only 34!
« Reply #28 on: Mar 08, 2014, 11:03 »
Even on the toughest of outages days, Bob was " Fine as frogs hair.  That's what I'm talkin bout.  Awight."   We will miss you.
Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

Offline RadRooster

• Very Lite User
« Reply #29 on: Mar 08, 2014, 08:00 »
I worked with Bob at D.C. Cook in the Spring of 2012, he was a great guy to work with and helped me out a bunch. He will be missed by all who ever met him. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and many friends of his.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?