Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Career Assistance  

Author Topic: Career Assistance  (Read 3920 times)

Offline Blue Steel

• Lurker
Career Assistance
« on: Oct 15, 2013, 10:06 »
Hi everyone, a little background on me: Nuke MM1 Subs 2003-2009, EWS/EDPO as MM2 and stood the watches on the regular watch schedule for a year and a half, QAI, Welder, Work Center Supervisor.  I was honorably discharged in Dec 2009 and i immediately began college and graduated this May with a BS in Mech Eng.  Started working with a company designing Steam Plant Accessory systems before they decided to layoff 20% of their employees.  Its a little frustrating because I moved my family to work there and they made cuts three months later.  Taking this as a sign, id like to get back into the nuclear field.  Id like to stay northeast, but im not sure where i should even start.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Career Assistance
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2013, 11:16 »
Search the jobs boards and check the job postings for the utility companies that own the commercial nukes in your area. With your background and degree you should not have any problems getting an interview/job offer. Polish up your resume and practice the MASS/POSS. There are numerous threads on here with advice for resumes, job interviews and tests.

Offline Blue Steel

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2013, 11:25 »
Thanks for the quick reply.  I never heard of the MASS/POSS before, but Im looking into it now.  I appreciate it.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2013, 04:22 »
I know a plant that is going to be hiring NLOs soon. PM me for details.

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?