Career Path > Navy:Getting Out

Career Assistance

(1/1)

Blue Steel:
Hi everyone, a little background on me: Nuke MM1 Subs 2003-2009, EWS/EDPO as MM2 and stood the watches on the regular watch schedule for a year and a half, QAI, Welder, Work Center Supervisor.  I was honorably discharged in Dec 2009 and i immediately began college and graduated this May with a BS in Mech Eng.  Started working with a company designing Steam Plant Accessory systems before they decided to layoff 20% of their employees.  Its a little frustrating because I moved my family to work there and they made cuts three months later.  Taking this as a sign, id like to get back into the nuclear field.  Id like to stay northeast, but im not sure where i should even start.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ksheed:
Search the jobs boards and check the job postings for the utility companies that own the commercial nukes in your area. With your background and degree you should not have any problems getting an interview/job offer. Polish up your resume and practice the MASS/POSS. There are numerous threads on here with advice for resumes, job interviews and tests.

Blue Steel:
Thanks for the quick reply.  I never heard of the MASS/POSS before, but Im looking into it now.  I appreciate it.

Higgs:
I know a plant that is going to be hiring NLOs soon. PM me for details.

Justin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version