Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu What's in the time capsule?

Author Topic: What's in the time capsule?  (Read 12232 times)

Offline patrickodang

• Light User
What's in the time capsule?
« on: Oct 17, 2013, 07:00 »
For those that haven't been to GC, there is a time capsule that is going to be opened next Sept.

I was just wondering if any of you old folks were around when it was installed.

What could be in there?

Fermi2

Re: What's in the time capsule?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2013, 07:15 »
I'm an old folk who remembers when Washington gave the Gettysburg address and when the Italians bombed Pearl Harbor.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2013, 07:55 »
I'm an old folk who remembers when Washington gave the Gettysburg address and when the Italians bombed Pearl Harbor.

The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor,...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2013, 10:45 by Marlin »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2013, 08:10 »
I KNOW that's what Senator Blutarski thought BUT I know my history...

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2013, 08:13 »
Either way, how lame is that to open a time capsule that's what, 20 years old ?!?!

Heck, I have boxes of ammo older than that.

I'm sure the whole thing will probably be Twitter-bated on Fakebook too, right?  >:(

Fermi2

« Reply #5 on: Oct 17, 2013, 08:14 »
Lucky you two old guys are here to answer his question.

Offline song of the south

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Oct 17, 2013, 09:15 »
The common theory here is that they put Admiral Rickover's bones in the time capsule. September 22, 2014 the Rickover (the school building ) will have collected enough souls from the students to resurrect the admiral.

I'm not superstitious, but even I have to admit that at the end of the day everybody feels like a zombie.

I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
Albert Einstein

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #7 on: Oct 17, 2013, 10:06 »
The common theory here is that they put Admiral Rickover's bones in the time capsule. September 22, 2014 the Rickover (the school building ) will have collected enough souls from the students to resurrect the admiral.

I'm not superstitious, but even I have to admit that at the end of the day everybody feels like a zombie.

Certainly not like how it was in my day.....and we liked it! ;)

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Oct 17, 2013, 11:05 »
Oh.....the good old days...

« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2013, 10:25 by Marlin »
Albert Einstein

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #9 on: Oct 18, 2013, 01:34 »
Lucky you two old guys are here to answer his question.

What was the question?!?!?!?

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Chimera

« Reply #10 on: Oct 22, 2013, 11:35 »
Where or what is "GC"?  And it sure ain't much of a time capsule if'n it only lasted twenty years.  and that weren't Washington donin' that Gettysburg thing - it was some tall guy with a squeaky voice that was worse than the school marm draggin' her fingers down that chalk board.  I think that's why they put felt on pool tables - so the sticks wouldn't screech when you missed the ball.

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: Oct 22, 2013, 10:00 »
Where or what is "GC"?  And it sure ain't much of a time capsule if'n it only lasted twenty years.  and that weren't Washington donin' that Gettysburg thing - it was some tall guy with a squeaky voice that was worse than the school marm draggin' her fingers down that chalk board.  I think that's why they put felt on pool tables - so the sticks wouldn't screech when you missed the ball.

GC....Goose Creek, South Carolina.
Albert Einstein

Hilariousity

« Reply #12 on: Oct 26, 2013, 11:26 »

This, also you forgot to mention that his bones are highly radioactive and have been giving many in-docer's who walk past cancer for many a year
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2013, 11:30 by Hilariousity »

Fermi2

« Reply #13 on: Oct 27, 2013, 09:36 »
I heard one guy on a Nuke Facebook say it would be great if they opened it and a big Avatar of Rickover beamed out 50 feet in the air.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #14 on: Oct 27, 2013, 09:28 »
What could be in there?

Probably an "Impeach Clinton" bumper sticker, a gently used "Forrest Gump" VHS cassette and an 'AOL: 50 Free Hours' sign-up CD, all of which were readily available back then...  8)

Offline DLGN25

• Moderate User
« Reply #15 on: Oct 28, 2013, 11:49 »
Water...

Surely oak and three-fold brass surrounded his heart who first trusted a frail vessel to a merciless ocean.  Horace

Offline AmmonSalmo

• Light User
« Reply #16 on: Dec 04, 2013, 07:40 »

I swear it was class 1224 who invented that! You know how every class has their 'thing'? Sometimes its a youtube meme or favorite quote...ours was the Time Capsule

So basically, every time you scan in (beep) a part of your soul is sent through the underground piping to the capsule. The souls build up to resurrect HGR on 9/22/14, where he will cone-ify any sailor with less than a 3.2 GPA and vaporize all the Type II plants out there.

Feels like yesterday...

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?