Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuclear reinstatement? honeypot

Author Topic: Nuclear reinstatement?  (Read 9679 times)

michael.a.carter12

Nuclear reinstatement?
« on: Oct 18, 2013, 08:32 »
Got a question for the masses. I know a EM who at 9 years was removed from nuclear duty due to a perceived unreliability. He had gotten himself into a very small situation that would have otherwise been no more than a "you dummy", but when questioned he freaked out and didn't tell on himself. Unfortunately he continued this until video evidence forced him to come clean. He was force converted into a conventional EM and forced to repay a lot of money for his current contract bonus. He is interested in getting back into the community as he will never be as happy as a conventional, knowing that the nukes will just see him as a what we typically see them. Does anyone have any information to help him in trying to get reinstated? He understands that he will still have to pay back the bonus, since the denuke was deserved, but it was not typical of his character. 

Fermi2

Re: Nuclear reinstatement?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2013, 08:37 »
Won't happen.

Offline Gamecock

• Gold Member
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2013, 08:48 »
Got a question for the masses. I know a EM who at 9 years was removed from nuclear duty due to a perceived unreliability. He had gotten himself into a very small situation that would have otherwise been no more than a "you dummy", but when questioned he freaked out and didn't tell on himself. Unfortunately he continued this until video evidence forced him to come clean.  

It was a good video...

Safety.... and honesty.... are very important!

Cheers,

GC
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

michael.a.carter12

« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2013, 09:10 »
I know that it is possible and has happened before. Just not sure where to start researching how to do it. As for the video, it wouldn't have been good enough to convict him without him admitting his guilt. You couldn't make out who it was, or what he was doing.

Fermi2

« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2013, 09:19 »
He ADMITTED to LYING

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2013, 11:18 »
Got a question for the masses. I know a EM who at 9 years was removed from nuclear duty due to a perceived unreliability. He had gotten himself into a very small situation that would have otherwise been no more than a "you dummy", but when questioned he freaked out and didn't tell on himself. Unfortunately he continued this until video evidence forced him to come clean. He was force converted into a conventional EM and forced to repay a lot of money for his current contract bonus. He is interested in getting back into the community as he will never be as happy as a conventional, knowing that the nukes will just see him as a what we typically see them. Does anyone have any information to help him in trying to get reinstated? He understands that he will still have to pay back the bonus, since the denuke was deserved, but it was not typical of his character. 

It was a good video...

Safety.... and honesty.... are very important!

Cheers,

GC

Now I'm dying of curiousity...where can I get this video? Is it on Oprah or Maury or World's Dumbest Criminals or ?  8)

HeavyD

« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2013, 02:49 »
He can request reinstatement of his NEC via the same section of the MILPERSMAN that an individual uses to request NEC reinstatement after removal due to alcohol abuse.

I personally know someone who had their NEC removed for making a false official statement.  The written statement never took into account something this individual had said to another sailor 3 months prior, because both sailors had actually forgotten about the conversation until one of them (the one not being charged) recalled it during questioning.  The Navy judge still found the sailor guilty.  Fast forward 4 years where the sailor submits their reinstatement request, recommended by their Chief, Division Officer, Bull Nuke, Reactor Officer, XO, CO, AIRLANT Nuke Master Chief and AIRLANT Nuke OIC.  Gets to BUPERS where the Master Chief who handles NECs says "I will never entertain reinstating his NEC".  (That being the quote to my CMC when he called him on the phone ;D for that sailor would be me, for the record.  And yes, there's more juicy parts to that story :o)

So, guess what your friend's chances are?

And let me be another person to point out one, teeny, tiny mistake in your initial post;
"...due to a perceived unreliability.".
  See, there is NOTHING perceived here.  He LIED, then admitted that he LIED, therefore he is a LIAR.  Hence, the phrase "demonstrated unreliability".

So there is zero confusion; NOT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.  You do the crime, you do the time, end of story.

And for the record, the vast majority of conventionals I worked with over my 20 years, were as good as any of the Nukes.  Minus the sense of self-entitlement and misplaced sense of superiority, of course  ;)

Fermi2

« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2013, 02:58 »
And HeavyD made the point I was trying to make. It doesn't matter if the video is entirely blacked out. Fact is he admitted he lied. That is the issue, not the video.

michael.a.carter12

« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2013, 07:58 »
Thanks for all the non helpful replies. I didn't ask if it was possible in your opinion, only for help finding references to help him out. If you're not going to be helpful, then please do not reply.

Fermi2

« Reply #9 on: Oct 19, 2013, 08:02 »
LOL I knew it. People telling the truth are "Non helpful" You post on a page with nuckear veterans you will get whatever they decide.
You never ASKED for references...

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #10 on: Oct 19, 2013, 08:03 »
Thanks for all the non helpful replies. I didn't ask if it was possible in your opinion, only for help finding references to help him out. If you're not going to be helpful, then please do not reply.

The wahhh-mbulances have been scrambled!!  8)

« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2013, 08:05 by HydroDave63 »

Fermi2

« Reply #11 on: Oct 19, 2013, 08:07 »
Rig for High Tears!

HeavyD

« Reply #12 on: Oct 19, 2013, 10:49 »
Before I forget, I take FULL responsibility for the crap I got myself into.

Yes, the stuff we posted is our opinion; based on years of first hand accounts and personal experience.

Yes, it is possible for your friend to get their NEC reinstated.

It's also possible to have a drug related discharge changed to an Honorable 6 months after you are out.  (I saw exactly ZERO of those in 20 years) 

What do these two scenarios have in common?  The probability of each of them happening is as close to ZERO as you can get.

And for the record, I gave you the wrong reference in my first post.  It's not in the MILPERSMAN, it's in OPNAVINST 5355.3B, which is the very first thing that popped up when I Googled "NEC reinstatement".  Total time spent on the search, ~ 30 seconds.

http://doni.daps.dla.mil/Directives/05000%20General%20Management%20Security%20and%20Safety%20Services/05-300%20Manpower%20Personnel%20Support/5355.3B.pdf

Tell your friend I said "Your welcome" from me, because you certainly failed to help them.

Have a great day!

michael.a.carter12

« Reply #13 on: Oct 20, 2013, 12:07 »
Heavy D, thank you for that reference. However  I had already read that instruction as I too had taken to the almighty google for help first. Unfortunately,  that specifically addresses drug and alcohol issues only. So that doesn't help at all. Also, I want to make it clear that he does take FULL responsibility for the crap that he got himself into. But he was an excellent sailor and outstanding nuke and deserves a chance to redeem himself for his one boneheaded issue. Like I said before it was completely out of character for him, as was stated by his LT who we had both worked with for years.

As for all the rest of you posting the negative and childish comments, again they are not necessary. The fact that you are willing to take time out of your day to waste everyone elses time just looks bad upon your character. Again, I was not asking if it was impossible because it is possible. I understand that the chances are slim to none, but that will not stop me from helping my shipmate.
Thank you all and have a fine Navy day and God bless.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #14 on: Oct 20, 2013, 01:06 »
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2013, 01:10 by HydroDave63 »

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #15 on: Oct 20, 2013, 01:57 »
Look, you made a vague post about a 'situation' which your 'friend' lied about. Your 'friend' should know as well as anyone that the nuke community has zero tolerance for integrity violations. It's beat into nukes' heads from day one. And if he 'freaked out' from a bit of questioning and acted 'out of character,' would he 'freak out' and act 'out of character' if steam or seawater started coming out of a pipe it wasn't supposed to into the people tank? Is that really the excuse you (I mean he) wants to hang your hat on?

Does that make him evil? No. Everyone tells lies now and then. But it does make him ineligible to continue a career as a nuke barring some extenuating circumstances that would get an O-5 and E-9 want to try to move mountains for him.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?