Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Married and checking in  

Author Topic: Married and checking in  (Read 4236 times)

Offline Nukzan

• Lurker
Married and checking in
« on: Aug 20, 2013, 04:14 »
I leave for bootcamp in November and then I know from there I go straight to SC. I'm married so I know my process of checking in is a little different. Could someone please tell me what it will be like?
-What happens when I get to "A" school
-How long do I have to go and get my wife (from cali)
-What is the housing situation like

Thank You  

Samabby

Re: Married and checking in
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2013, 08:34 »
My best guess is that your post has been ignored since all of your questions could be answered by your recruiter or by a cursory search of this board. That aside, good luck, son.

Offline Spacecowboy

• Very Lite User
Re: Married and checking in
« Reply #2 on: Sep 03, 2013, 10:24 »
You'll get here, check in and probably stay a few days or week in the Basic Enlisted Quarters, you'll have to do some interviews and paperwork during this time for the leave transfer and all the BAH stuff and then get transfer leave to fly back to California, pack your stuff and wife and move it all to SC. You should get about 10 days to do this because of the drive time (don't quote me on that 100%) but it's a fair amount of time.

The base housing here is decent but not at all worth the fact that they take every dime of your BAH (apartments are nice, cheaper, and not much further away depending on where you choose) and they're notorious for trying to blame discrepancies you overlooked in the walk-through (I've heard of having to pay for replacement carpets due to stains underneath carpets) among other things. So definitely look into apartments or a house (I have one friend here who took that leap and is happy at the investment and choice).

This is just what I've viewed second-hand from experiences of friends here (I am in Power School at the moment). Also, I'm pretty sure this question has been answered a few times on these forums already so if you want more information do a search or two.
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2013, 10:25 by Spacecowboy »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?