Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Navy cool RO license certification

Author Topic: Navy cool RO license certification  (Read 10583 times)

Offline thirdoct

• Lurker
Navy cool RO license certification
« on: Nov 07, 2013, 09:52 »
I was wondering if anyone has heard about or seen the RO license cert from navy cool in the recent years. I was able to find the NUREG-1122 (Knowledge and Abilities Catalog for Nuclear Power Plant Operators: Pressurized Water Reactors) but this seems to me like a fundamentals exam. If anyone has some incite or the reference which dictates this information I would appreciate it. It doesn't seem logical for the navy cool to offer a certification exam considering that the NRC is the certifying official for RO.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Re: Navy cool RO license certification
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2013, 05:11 »
Dufuq did I just read?

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Fermi2

« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2013, 07:09 »
I thought the same thing!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2013, 07:49 »
I had to Google Navy Cool, as I'm not a Navy guy, or a RO.

Navy Credentialing Opportunities Online (COOL)

The navy does not certify/License RO's to Civilian Reactors, the NRC Does.

The NRC does not certify/License RO's for Navy reactors, the Navy does.

I hope this helps.

HeavyD

« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2013, 01:08 »
This is the stuff that aggravates the living $h1t out of me with some of the current Active Duty Nukes.

I've been retired almost 2 years, so I am not as in the loop as I was before.  However, I spent 30 seconds doing a Google search for Navy COOL then another 30 seconds picking Nuclear ET.  The result?

https://www.cool.navy.mil/enlisted/et_nuc.htm

Another 20 seconds to open the "Other licenses" tab near the bottom of the page, which has this link https://www.cool.navy.mil/search/CERT_NFO2994.htm that clearly states:

"NRC licenses all individuals who either operate or supervise the operation of the controls of a commercially owned nuclear power reactor or a test/research (i.e., non-power) reactor in the United States. Although the regulations in this area generally apply to power, research and test reactors, this site focuses primarily on the operator licensing activities at power reactor facilities. Additional requirements and certifying information is available from the certifying agency's web site."

and:

"The following Navy Enlisted Ratings provide training and/or experience that contributes to attaining this credential:"

Nowhere on any of the pages does it state that any type of license can be obtained through Navy COOL.

Grand total of less than 5 minutes to answer the question that the OP should be able to answer themselves.

Maybe I'm just getting grumpier the older I get.

End of rant........ for now.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2013, 01:57 »
This is the stuff that aggravates the living $h1t out of me with some of the current Active Duty Nukes.....

ah well:

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 09, 2013, 10:05 »
Maybe I'm just getting grumpier the older I get.

End of rant........ for now.

"We are allergic to youth." Morla the Aged One
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2013, 10:06 by Marlin »

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #7 on: Nov 09, 2013, 04:57 »
Whew,I was thinking his phone was auto correcting something to cool, and it made no sense to me.

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2013, 08:25 »
Whew,I was thinking his phone was auto correcting something to cool, and it made no sense to me.

Justin

Imagine how bad it was for those of us who think in pictures,....

....navy cool....

https://www.google.com/search?q=sailor&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=N-B-UvWyEIHcqgHihICIDQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1440&bih=731

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #9 on: Nov 09, 2013, 08:43 »
Imagine how bad it was for those of us who think in pictures,....

https://www.google.com/search?q=sailor&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=N-B-UvWyEIHcqgHihICIDQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1440&bih=731

Navy "cool", back when guys on my ship got 10mR a month because their berthing was next to a certain magazine ...

and here is what ostensibly passes for "officers and gentlemen" in the post-Mullen fleet

>:(

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?