Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Elliptical Training in ODS School? honeypot

Author Topic: Elliptical Training in ODS School?  (Read 3072 times)

Offline agallup

• Lurker
Elliptical Training in ODS School?
« on: Nov 14, 2013, 07:22 »
I am considering entering and becoming a Nucler Power School Instructor. I have 2 questions please.

1. I was told yesterday that they do the elliptical training at ODS instead of running on pavement and wanted to know if that was true.

2. When becoming an instructor and going through Power School, will I be taking the classes as a student or in training to be an instructor? Just different approaches.

Thanks and have enjoyed all the info on the site!

Samabby

Re: Elliptical Training in ODS School?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2013, 08:57 »
Mr. Broadzilla, are you recovered enough to handle this one?  :o

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
Re: Elliptical Training in ODS School?
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2013, 08:42 »
I am considering entering and becoming a Nucler Power School Instructor. I have 2 questions please.

1. I was told yesterday that they do the elliptical training at ODS instead of running on pavement and wanted to know if that was true.

2. When becoming an instructor and going through Power School, will I be taking the classes as a student or in training to be an instructor? Just different approaches.

Thanks and have enjoyed all the info on the site!

1.  Really?  Who cares! 
2.  You will initially be assigned to a new instructor division where you will learn the basics of nuclear power.  You will sit in lectures, do homework, take tests, You will then qualify to teach a specific subject, likely math/physics or heat transfer if you are a ME.  You will sit through the entire course of instruction, take all subject exams, do practice lectures, and finally have an oral certification board consisting of a teaching evaluation and a technical knowledge portion.  After all that, you are certified to teach that one subject. 
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?