Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Favorite Recruiters honeypot

Author Topic: Favorite Recruiters  (Read 108350 times)

RAD-GHOST

Re: Favorite Recruiters
« Reply #50 on: Nov 24, 2004, 08:49 »
Any Recruiter who know's what their selling!  The new batch of Recruiters don't seem to have much of a clue as to their product!  Many of the seasoned Recruiters would/will routinely chat and hold a conversation on the phone.  Some good old fashion Bull Shitting, ( Sorry ), sometimes for hours!  Maybe even get you to sign up for a job they weren't even calling about. 

Today's Newbies, call with a specific agenda.  If you say anything other than YES, they responde with OK, then hang up the phone!  I like the ones who call you up, offers you two or three jobs, then ask you if your qualified!  I had one ask me if I was 3, 1, I told him I was 6, 2!  The fifteen second of silence, followed by, " What's That? ", sort of clued me in on his experience and humor level!

Phone Etiquette seems to be a lost art.  I've posted some of the better ones on a seperate thread, many I have not.  To the new Recruiters, it is better to identify yourself and/or your company, instead of saying, " Is this Bob"?  Depending which state your calling,  ( believe it or not ), the response will be proportional, up to and including, " CLICK "!

Several techs I maintain contact with, all agree with one irritating trend, the multiple call backs.  I can guarantee " NO ", on my home phone, sound exactly the same on my Cell phone!  No, also sounds the same on Monday through Friday!  It also sounds the same any time of the day!  I talked to one tech, who had the same offer, five calls in a row, over a two week period!  Keep notes people!

In summation, the best recruiter is the one who gets me the best opportunity!

Have a Great Holiday, Carefull on the Road, RG!

TaskJobs

« Reply #51 on: Nov 24, 2004, 09:09 »
Rad-Ghost, that was very informative! I have recruited in other technical areas for years but I am fairly new to the nuke area. This site has helped me more than anything! I am a "talker" and I'll have to say that everyone I have called on for HP jobs have been extremely helpful to me. So to all of you I say THANKS! And I promise not to call over & over on the same job!  ;)
Kim

Deejay

« Reply #52 on: Nov 24, 2004, 11:33 »
In reply to Rad-Ghost's post this morning, I am a recruiter for Bartlett and I am guilty of calling techs and having the same offer for 2 staright weeks.  But in all fairness I haven't spoken to the tech, or gotten a "NO" for an answer,  it has been a series of messages left for that tech, who is a many time returnee who I am 99% percent sure will want to confirm if I can ever get a reply.  So in all fairness we do keep notes, usually of techs who don't return the first or second call, which is fine, we understand, but you cannot get mad or frustrated when we continue to call if you haven't given us any answer.  And in defense of recruiters, we are looking out for techs who usually do a certain run for a season.  That is better for you the road tech, would you rather we call once and then fill your slot because you didn't return our first phone call? I don't think that would make you happy either.  So, I can say I was trained and taught by one of the best in the Business, Eric Bartlett, I am thorough, diligent and I exhaust all returnees first, that keeps the technicians happy, the client happy and my boss happy.  My name is Joey Melanson and I can be reached @ extension 1272 in the Bartlett Home Office

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #53 on: Nov 27, 2004, 08:12 »
My Favorite Recruiter;  is a person who gets the message after three unanswered calls and moves down the list!  A person who understand HE answers to ME, not ME to HIM!  If you don't have a message on your machine, or my resume in your mailbox, don't bother me!  Also a person who doesn't keep notes on when I do not return his calls, ( Must be some double secret something behind that one ).  A person who offers a COMPLETE list of opportunities, not a selective list of assignments notorious for being unpleasent, short duration and historicly hard to staff, ( Believe it or not, there are reasons for that )!  A person who realizes that holding a vacant, uncommited slot, for weeks, closes opportunities to other perspective employees.

One interesting aspect to the staffing game.  It appears that Technicians names are now applied to vacancies, before the actual phone calls go out!  I assume that anybody not on the list, goes to the back of the line for table scraps!  Interesting.. :-\

Obviously my prior posting was unacceptable to at least one recruiter, Sorry!  The thread is Favorite Recruiter, which doesn't necessarily apply a name, but also the qualities, likes and dislikes, that a Good Recruiter would understand!  My opinion only!

PS: 

Just my guess, but I wouldn't expect EXT 1272, to need a ringer replacement, anytime in the near future!    ;D

Surveyors_mato

« Reply #54 on: Nov 29, 2004, 08:03 »
PS: 

Just my guess, but I wouldn't expect EXT 1272, to need a ringer replacement, anytime in the near future!    ;D

Ouch! I haven't even been Recruited that often yet. Sounds like a "Dead Ringer to Me"LOL! ;D

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #55 on: Nov 29, 2004, 09:01 »
SUE OPDYKE hands down was the very best, she never lied to anyone I know. 

Now who put Joe Worley??? Rhonda is that you??

What do you mean "was"?  Sue is still recruiting nukes for Babcock Services, Inc.  She doesn't hire many HP's but she's a great lady to just shoot the breeze with on the phone.  As far as her recruiting skills go, she has gotten me to do a job that was way below my level of training for really crappy money just because I didn't have anything better to do and she asked so nicely.  Sue will not ever do you wrong.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #56 on: Nov 30, 2004, 04:01 »
Amen on that one!

I've only worked with her on one occassion, but I've probably shot the breeze with her a hundred times.  She also gives it to you straight!  If the jobs has problems, you'll know about them before you sign on the doted line!  It's somewhat refreshing to have someone who gives the details and actually knows something about the customers they support!  Then again, she knows her interests can only be supported, by supporting the interests of her employee's!

Have a Great Day, RG
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2004, 05:12 by RAD-GHOST »

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #57 on: Dec 01, 2004, 06:33 »
Kim, of Task Performance!  It is a First for the industry, but she actual considered the Technician's Input!  Only time will tell, but it's a Great Start!

Karma to Her, RG!

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #58 on: Dec 01, 2004, 09:01 »
I agree.  She will probably get a lot more responses by doing what she did.  But y'know what? ...I don't remember ever telling a recruiter what the pay should be before this.  I don't remember any of them asking either.
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2004, 01:22 by Beer Court »
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

TaskJobs

« Reply #59 on: Dec 01, 2004, 09:07 »
Awww thanks guys!
Kim

Last Call

« Reply #60 on: Dec 01, 2004, 01:48 »
Can't argue with Good, Smart Business..... ;D

Blue Heron

« Reply #61 on: Mar 08, 2005, 04:25 »

You may very well be a lucky person by selecting another employer.  To find out about Aerotek and companies, go to monster.com and do a search for them or post into the Monster forum about these companies.  I guess the stories are nightmares.  Aerotek sister companies are Maxim Group, Tek Systems, and Job Options, to name a few.  Just do a search on them.  

Wish I saw this sooner...oh well. :'(

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #62 on: Mar 09, 2005, 07:57 »
When i think of recruiters

i think of Herb Tarlek

know what i mean?

If I need a visual I think I'll stick with Jennifer   ;D

oldtimer

« Reply #63 on: Mar 10, 2005, 09:33 »
Kristi  Inman is tops

Doc_REM

« Reply #64 on: Mar 11, 2005, 05:13 »
Scott Watson of Areotek is one of the best I've every come across!   Honest and straight forward!
Hatch "HERO!"

beacher

« Reply #65 on: Mar 31, 2005, 09:56 »
I guess I like just about all the recruiters.

Offline Old HP

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #66 on: Mar 31, 2005, 11:32 »
Favorite Recruiter would be the one that says our lowest paying 3.1 job is $25 and $100 p/d

LaFeet

« Reply #67 on: Mar 18, 2006, 05:20 »
I managed to contact Roxanna K the first time shortly after Bartlett bought up Numanco.  She was having a really rough day and it sorta bled through the phone.  Not at me, and besides, I have sisters.  After a few pointed questions towards her current predicament, she touted that we were gonna get along just fine... So far she is my favorite,  Ann at Bartlett runs a close second.   Heck, I owe'em both lunch and drinks... looking forward to returning the favors  :)

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #68 on: Apr 05, 2006, 12:53 »
Beverly Johnson with IRM. No contest!!
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

shovelheadred

« Reply #69 on: Apr 05, 2006, 06:30 »
...hey Spanky!!!!...have I been at Besse too long or just gone braindead,,again,,,"Kim of Task Performance"?????,,,never heard of this company....clue me in,,,,,,,,,

Jr8black3

« Reply #70 on: Apr 05, 2006, 08:39 »
Sue Opdyke is pretty cool

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #71 on: Apr 06, 2006, 03:44 »
Kevin O with Big Blue is a good dude to deal with.

LaFeet

« Reply #72 on: Apr 06, 2006, 06:31 »
Kevin O with Big Blue is a good dude to deal with.

I'd have to agree with that.....

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #73 on: Apr 15, 2006, 12:47 »
Never heard of them. But I'll find out who they are.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline guppy

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #74 on: Mar 17, 2007, 11:53 »
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Igle Frost???

Just kidding.
Keep honking.  I'm reloading.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?