Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu So what contractor ended up getting the Oak Ridge work?  

Author Topic: So what contractor ended up getting the Oak Ridge work?  (Read 3763 times)

Offline greatFox

• Lurker
Hey all,

Just curious to see what contractor ended up with the Oak Ridge work that was posted here under several contractors.  I know it wasn't Bartlett because I went with them and they didn't get it.  As far as I could tell it was just luck of the draw if you got it or not.  Bartlett was the first to post the job so I went with them, but maybe I should have waited for another contractor...

Thanks

--Todd

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Re: So what contractor ended up getting the Oak Ridge work?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2013, 07:12 »
Just curious to see what contractor ended up with the Oak Ridge work that was posted here under several contractors.  I know it wasn't Bartlett because I went with them and they didn't get it.  As far as I could tell it was just luck of the draw if you got it or not.  Bartlett was the first to post the job so I went with them, but maybe I should have waited for another contractor...

Since you don't mention what contract specifically, I will have to guess.  I believe you are referring to the UT-Battelle/ORNL contract.  The answer  is "The wining vendor rolled over the incumbent candidates." -- So, unless you were already there, it didn't matter who 'won'.  The subcontract was awarded to Spectra Tech, Inc.

Offline USMCRADCON

• Light User
  • Will train for spare change
Re: So what contractor ended up getting the Oak Ridge work?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2013, 10:56 »
Spectra Tech was awarded the contract.  Basically there were several (11) incumbent RCT positions that were rolled into a single contract instead of Spectra Tech, LSI, and ?.  Easier for UT-B to manage.  No new jobs were created.
"Welcome to the show, you are now officially one of Jerry's Kids"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?