Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Rollover ship dates and getting married  

Author Topic: Rollover ship dates and getting married  (Read 3899 times)

Offline ajenn012

• Lurker
Rollover ship dates and getting married
« on: Dec 02, 2013, 09:17 »
Hello, I am a fiance to a future Nuke enlisted. My fiance is supposed to ship out around May and today he got a call that he could ship in January. We are both eager to make this jump so we can get our adult life together, but I am worried about the navy processing us getting married before then. We were holding off marriage till February in order for my fiance to keep his insurance his dependency status from his father. Does anyone here know more information on any snags we could hit? I've done research and we've called and reported that we were planning to get married before he ships, but I am unsure if this picture changes if he leaves early. Any advice and knowledge would be helpful, as I find myself more worried about the ins and outs of him joining than he he is. ^_^;

btw: This isn't a last minuet decision to get married we've been together for six years now (3 years engaged) and we've only waited due to financial benefits of continuing to be registered as single with insurance and other ect. financial reasons. Just stating because i've seen many raised eyebrows for people who discuss getting married before boot.

Offline AmmonSalmo

• Light User
Re: Rollover ship dates and getting married
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2013, 07:08 »
Hi ajenn012

Upon shipping out, your fiance will report to the Naval Nuclear Power Training Command about 9 to 10 weeks after setting foot in boot camp. He will immediately be placed in Indoctrination (Indoc) where he will be given the chance to take leave, come home, and complete the marriage and move into South Carolina base housing.

Hopefully these extra two months or so from his shipping date will give you enough time to sort out any snags back home.

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2013, 11:27 »
I'm not sure what you're asking.

If you want to get married in February, have him tell the recruite that he's getting married in February and he'd like to keep his original boot camp date of May. If you don't want to get married in February, let him go to boot camp.

You can get married while he's in A-school or power school, but he won't be given leave for it. You'll have to do it in Charleston over a weekend, and you'll have to delay the honeymoon if you plan on taking one.

He is likely to get leave to get married if he has a week or two gap between A school and power school or power school and prototype.

As far as the admin side, your husband presents the marriage certificate and your SS# to DEERS and PSD, and they give you an ID and put you into the system. That's the easy part.
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2013, 11:27 by spekkio »

Samabby

« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2013, 07:54 »
Miss, I suggest that you look at www.submarinewivesclub.org for some support & guidance from ladies who have been there / done that. Best wishes to you & your Sailor.

Offline HighOctane23

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2013, 11:57 »
I agree with spekkio, however if you're already planning to get married then I would do it before joining. I was already married when I joined, and got paid BAH and FSA starting from day one of boot camp. Being from CA my BAH was around $1,700 a month plus about $300 a month for FSA, and that's on top of the E3 pay you get for being a nuke. Just makes sense to start getting that money sooner if getting married is going to happen anyway.

As far as the paperwork, they take care of most of that in boot camp. He just needs to take copies of everything (marriage certificate, yours and his SS cards, drivers license or ID, etc...) with him to boot camp. Your soon-to-be husband just has to make sure that DEERS has all your information right, and that you're listed as his dependent. As mentioned before, once he gets over here to Goose Creek, he'll get the choice of either going back home to do a DITTY move (DIY, and getting reimbursed) and bring you out, or doing a NAVY move, which is just where they send movers out to your place to bring your stuff to Goose Creek. He'll also have the choice of getting a house here on base (and no BAH) or receiving BAH to pay for a place off base.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?