Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu comanche peak pay

Author Topic: comanche peak pay  (Read 8540 times)

Offline wagnerag

• Very Lite User
comanche peak pay
« on: Dec 06, 2013, 06:20 »
Does any on here have an idea of what the pay is for qualified NLO's, RO's and SRO's at comanche peak?

Offline sovbob

• Fact-Checker
  • Moderate User
  • Vanguard of the Vox Populi
Re: comanche peak pay
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2015, 06:50 »
NLO's (called Nuclear Equipment Operators, NEO's) and RO's are part of the bargaining unit and are paid according to the union contract.

The 2013-2015 Contract is available on the IBEW website
http://www.ibewlu220.com/doc/contract/CPNPP2013-2015.pdf (pg 29-31)

Most fully-qualified NEO's make about $41-43 / hour (once you include the base pay, plus the fire brigade adder, plus the instructor adder).
Most RO's make about $45 / hour, plus a license bonus of $750 / month.

There is a small increase in pay ($1 / hour) for hours worked on nights. Overtime is 1.5x. There is no holiday pay.

SRO pay is a bit different because they are salaried and not part of the bargaining unit. Generally an SRO gets paid similar to an RO, except the SRO annual bonus is considerably larger. My best guess for typical SRO annual compensation: $140k
"Everyone's entitled to be stupid now and then, but you're abusing the privilege."

Content1

« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2015, 02:37 »
In view of their responsibility, they are underpaid.

Offline Lethological

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2015, 08:14 »
Seems like they get paid pretty well to me...

I noticed there's no retirement plan available for new employees, though.  Gotta be smart with your money, then  8)

Offline sovbob

• Fact-Checker
  • Moderate User
  • Vanguard of the Vox Populi
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2015, 12:11 »
New employees are automatically enrolled in the company 401(k). The company will match 100% the first 6% contribution of your base pay.
"Everyone's entitled to be stupid now and then, but you're abusing the privilege."

Offline Lethological

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2015, 04:08 »
New employees are automatically enrolled in the company 401(k). The company will match 100% the first 6% contribution of your base pay.
Nice!  I guess I missed that.  They seem to offer great healthcare plans as well, after talking to some people at Comanche Peak.  I recently passed the POSS and had an interview there; hopefully I hear something back soon.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?