Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Roy Spearman

Author Topic: Roy Spearman  (Read 9688 times)

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
Roy Spearman
« on: Dec 17, 2013, 11:32 »

Longtime friend and nuke family member Roy Spearman passed away on December 14th after a two month battle against pneumonia.  Roy was surrounded by his loved ones as he passed away at St Francis Hospital in Greenville, SC.  His loving wife, Donna (another nuke family member) was at his side, as she has faithfully been for the past 52 years. 

Roy is remembered mostly for his charisma, wit, and musical talents.  Roy’s nuke family is scattered across the country; having been in the business since 1979 working with Rad Services, IRM, GTS, ARC, Bartlett, Power Systems, and Energy Services.

All who are local are invited to join in a short celebration of life on Thursday, December 19th at 10am, at Westville Funeral Home, 6010 White Horse Rd, Greenville, SC 29611.
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

surf50

Re: Roy Spearman
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2013, 02:33 »
One of the things I hope I learned from Roy was how to be an effective RP. When talking with workers he would schmooze, cajole, persuade, and make them laugh. And sometimes sing....

My condolences to Donna and the family.
Bruce

« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2013, 02:37 by surf50 »

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2013, 06:43 »
I had the pleasure of working with Roy and Donna on several occasions. I was a fresh off the boat nub HP and Donna was like a road mother to me back in the RAD days. Roy was panning for gold and creating music. Awesome people! My prayers to the Spearman family. Rest in peace Roy.
Paul

Offline roadhp

• Moderate User
  • Playing in the bathtub!!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2013, 07:27 »
We are praying for peace for your family, Donna, at this time of sorrow.  May the peace of God's love flow over you and your family.  Bill and Debbie
Brave, brave Sir Robin, set forth from Camelot!!!!

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2013, 07:39 »
Donna, I am so sad to hear this. Although I have not seen Roy for quite a while, I will always remember him with a smile -- he was a lot of fun to be around. I wish you peace in your time of sorrow.

Roger
« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2013, 07:41 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2013, 08:48 »
First worked with Roy back in the late 70s. He taught me a lot and I have tried to remember and use his advice to this day. Worked with Donna several times also. I learned of Roy's passing on Facebook and didn't want to believe it was true. Will always remember him as a great RP and even better friend.   Donna, you are in my thoughts and prayers. 
.   Spanky
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

ISOCS

« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2013, 05:48 »
Really sorry to hear of Roy Spearman passing. I worked with him and Donna at ONS and VC Summer many years ago. Sorry to hear that he went too early.
ISOCS

hptek1

« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2014, 09:48 »
Very sad news.
My condolences to Donna and the family.

Paul Bodette

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2014, 08:29 »
well, dang. I just found this notice. worked with Roy back in the rad services daze.taut me alot. although aye haven't seen him for a very long time, many times eye think about watt aye learned.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline RadEngineer

• Light User
  • It Is What We Make It
« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2014, 08:29 »
This is sad news. Roy and I worked at Indian Pt. III in the late 80s (yes, the days of IRM), and had a musical connection....we would exchange cassettes of our latest works!
I recall a very down to earth and kind gentleman, and share the sorrow of his loss...he shone a light.

Dennis Menard

Offline Pete McAllister

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: Mar 10, 2014, 04:19 »
Donna and Family

Sorry that I am just getting to write this but I have beer off of nuke worker for a while. It seems that every time I open it, someone I have cared about has left us. I am glad that during my early Nuclear Years, that I had the chance to meet, Roy and your family. He always was giving me a hard time, and I liked it because I felt he liked me. I remember when you and Roy meet me and my dad, and Paul and Peggy for dinner. I feel blessed to have had him as a teacher, boss, and a friend. He was a lucky man to have meet you before they brought a eye doctor into your town. Julie and I will always keep you in our prayers.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?