Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Looking to get more certifications under my belt
honeypot

Author Topic: Looking to get more certifications under my belt  (Read 17610 times)

Offline mars88

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Looking to get more certifications under my belt
« Reply #25 on: Jan 07, 2014, 03:53 »
Forget all of these posts.

What you need to certify in is stuff beyond mere rad--there are a lot of opportunities both in the real world and the rad world that require other certs.  

Center on things such as 0SHA construction safety, DOT hazmat, dangerous goods shipping (which includes rad), haz waste operator, and industrial hygiene.  Many of these are required to perform both nuke and non-nuke work outside of commercial plants and DOE facilities (environmental remediation, laboratories, manufacturing plants, etc.).  Some are computer-based and inexpensive, and some are classroom-based and cost up to $1500--but you might be able to get a union or a veteran's group to pay for these.

You mentioned in another post that you have a bachelor's degree.  If so, and you end up working at least 900 h/y in some safety capacity, you can apply to become a CSP (Certified Safety Professional) thru the Board of Safety Professionals.

The worlds of safety and IH are the way to go--not rad.
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2014, 08:42 by mars88 »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?