Career Path > Coming Back

return to outages

<< < (2/3) > >>

Rennhack:
http://www.nukeworker.com/job/

GLW:

--- Quote from: The Stig on Jan 10, 2014, 05:37 ---Lol, you're killin me man. I haven't seen hardly ANY outage postings for JR. HPs/ JR. DECONs in the JOBs section.  :P

--- End quote ---

In a pinch, we can always get Senior Tech A to swing a mop or sit access control and monitor the SAMs and personnel monitors,...

ergo, we do not need as many junior anythings,...

maybe someday,...

just not this day,...

Ksheed:

--- Quote from: GLW on Jan 10, 2014, 08:01 ---In a pinch, we can always get Content1 to swing a mop or sit access control and monitor the SAMs and personnel monitors,...

ergo, we do not need as many junior anythings,...

maybe someday,...

just not this day,...

--- End quote ---

Or they could hire (Insert name of in-house HP)'s son, daughter, nephew, niece, second cousin, etc. and not have to pay per diem.

GLW:

--- Quote from: ksheed12 on Jan 10, 2014, 09:21 ---Or they could hire (Insert name of in-house HP)'s son, daughter, nephew, niece, second cousin, etc. and not have to pay per diem.

--- End quote ---

oh yeah, that works too,....

I do not know many people who tell close family and friends "too bad for them the out of staters must be hired in for the sake of 'fairness' ",...

I do know more than a few folks who got their "in" through friends and family and who have matured into some of the best people in this business,...

and, of course,  qualified local people who can be brought in to do temporary work while saving the cost of per diem are a less expensive alternative to qualified out of local area candidates,...

so, if you're post was meant to impugn the prerogatives of those folks who hire and fire, then I would profer that you are being unrealistic in an expectation that family, friendship and/or proximity ties should not be factors in the hiring decision,...

there is a way to be clear of those entanglements and rumors of entanglement:

trade away six or more years of your life to the US government, take a battering series of tests and interviews, and get hired on by what you and only you have earned and bring to the table,...

after that, be happy for yourself and stop dwelling on how others got theirs,....

I'm just saying,... [coffee]

almost forgot, Happy New Year and May You Live Long and Prosper,... 8)

Ksheed:

--- Quote from: GLW on Jan 10, 2014, 10:14 ---oh yeah, that works too,....

I do not know many people who tell close family and friends "too bad for them the out of staters must be hired in for the sake of 'fairness' ",...

I do know more than a few folks who got their "in" through friends and family and who have matured into some of the best people in this business,...

and, of course,  qualified local people who can be brought in to do temporary work while saving the cost of per diem are a less expensive alternative to qualified out of local area candidates,...

so, if you're post was meant to impugn the prerogatives of those folks who hire and fire, then I would profer that you are being unrealistic in an expectation that family, friendship and/or proximity ties should not be factors in the hiring decision,...

there is way to be clear of those entanglements and rumors of entanglement:

trade away six or more years of your life to the US government, take a battering series of tests and interviews, and get hired on by what you and only you have earned and bring to the table,...

after that, be happy for yourself and stop dwelling on how others got theirs,....

I'm just saying,... [coffee]

--- End quote ---
I am not complaining about it at all. It makes good business sense. I have more than once advised people on here looking for a way in to use a personal contact at their local plant as an in.

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,33756.msg155807.html#msg155807

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,34778.msg162212.html#msg162212

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,36906.msg175540.html#msg175540

I myself started working in this industry thanks to people I knew who worked at the local plant.

In the "words" of my teenage daughter: JS  [coffee]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version