Career Path > Radiation Safety

NEW RCT

(1/3) > >>

Tina:
 :) Hi All ;)

I just finished getting my DOE CORE Certification and my 40hr HazWhoper Certification... But am currently working as an Armed Nuclear Security Officer at a Nuclear Power Station which means my security clearance should be just fine... So What should be my next step in going to work as a Jr. RCT... I guess my questions are:

WHO ???

What???

When???

Where???

How????

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated ...
 8)

MrHazmat:
Go show Eric your gun, and he will find you a job quick!  :o  LOL

Valkrider:
Unfortunately, your commercial security clearance will mean little to the DOE.  DOE L and Q clearances are a little more thorough than the commercial nukes and you will need to get a job with the DOE that requires a clearance in order for them to spend the time and money on you.

The good news is that there are a lot of DOE RCT jobs that don't require a clearance.  You will most likely need to start with one of these and work your way into the "cleared" sector.

Good luck with your career change.  It sounds like you are on the right track!!

John

Tina:
 :) Thanks for the Security info ;)

That gives me an idea of whats up outthere.. As for Eric, I called him, first thing due to all the high reccomendations that are out there flying around about him..

I'm still just sending Resumes and making phone calls  8)

alphadude:
although u cant transfer security from nuke to doe you will fly through a  lot faster on the clearance paper work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version