Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Helpful Phone Apps For Nukeworkers honeypot

Author Topic: Helpful Phone Apps For Nukeworkers  (Read 4836 times)

Offline S T I G

• Moderate User
  • S T I G
Helpful Phone Apps For Nukeworkers
« on: Jan 15, 2014, 09:44 »
These days, people are starting to take full advantage of their cell phones and I am no exception. If you haven't already started viewing your phone as a virtual Swiss Army Knife ...then maybe you should because you're missing out big time. I believe it is absolutely essential to have a Unit Converter app on your phone, and the best one that I have found is, believe it or not, called "Unit Converter" by Wopnersoft (ANDROID).  I use this app all the time and have found it to not just have more options than other converters but a simpler layout as well. Radiation units in absorbed dose, dose equivalent, and activity are all there for your disposal.

The best CALCULATOR app for android that I have found is called the "RealCalc Scientific Calculator) by Quartic Software. Here are the rest of the Rad Pro related android apps that I recommend you take a look at  :

1) "Half-Life Calculator" (solves for everything)
2) "Periodic Table" by JQ Soft
3) "Radiation Calculator" by Tobias Magnander
4) "Nuclear Wallet Cards" by Brookhaven National Lab  OR "Isotope Browser" by IAEA Nuclear Data Section
5) "Nuclear Data Search" by Tobias Magnander
6) "Mobile Remm" by National Library of Medicine at NIH

If you have any other useful suggestions for android or apple Apps that have helped you out in the field please don't hesitate to list them.  (P.S.  I know there are some HAZMAT related apps out there too but I can't remember them)

Content1

Re: Helpful Phone Apps For Nukeworkers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2014, 10:38 »
How do you get them?

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2014, 02:09 »
How do you get them?

On Android: Go to Google play store, tap on magnifying glass, tap on search bar, type in what you want, wait for search results. It works just like the search function on your internet browser.

On iPhone: I don't know because I do not buy/use Apple products, but I would guess it works very similar to the above description.

Side note: How is Google not in the spell check dictionary?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2014, 02:19 »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2014, 08:41 »
eye am knot very familiar with smart phone apps, but if you go too

http://www.radprocalculator.com

and click on freeware, there is a section for pda's and phones.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?