Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Reactor trip and safety injection simulator video

Author Topic: Reactor trip and safety injection simulator video  (Read 13106 times)

Offline nspunx4

• Light User
Found this video on the you tubes. Very cool. Too bad it is so hard to hear. Anyone know which plant this simulator is? Anyone wish to provide any insight into the scenario being run here?

Fermi2

Re: Reactor trip and safety injection simulator video
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2014, 03:25 »
Sequoyah

Offline nspunx4

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2014, 04:06 »
Wow, small world. So I guess you must know that room real well.  :)

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2014, 02:08 »
LOL I know. Though the panel color seems too bright. I figured it wasn't Watts Bar because of the AFW Layout. I don't recognize the people though. It has to be a cert class.

Fermi2

« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2014, 02:11 »
Yeah, it's certs. I recognize the instructor plus within the first 30 seconds they were already F'd Up.

Offline nspunx4

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2014, 08:09 »
What's with the guy walking around who seems to be performing some kind of rounds while all hell is breaking loose? Is that some kind of post trip checklist or something?

Fermi2

« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2014, 08:26 »
Yes he is performing ES0.5 Which verifies all safety equipment that should have actuated did so.

They perform immediates: TRip Breakers Open, Rods In, Power Lowering, Shutdown boards energized , Turbine tripped and if SI is required at least one full train in service (If not turn it on) (Procedure)

Then they do Prudents, do a quick scan and any other safety related that should have started do so now. (Doing the right thing)

Then they enter E-0 and read the steps for the immediates. to back up they were done correctly.

Then the SRO directs ES0.5 to formally check safety equipment and check containment isolation.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?