Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Navy Nuclear Engineer honeypot

Author Topic: Navy Nuclear Engineer  (Read 3406 times)

Offline plebarian

• Lurker
Navy Nuclear Engineer
« on: Jan 31, 2014, 08:29 »
Hello! If you can't tell, I am very new to this site.

I am currently waiting to hear back from the Navy ROTC scholarship program. My plan is to study Nuclear Eng at Penn State while participating in ROTC. I did several tours and interviews and think I would fit very well with the whole system at PSU.

If the scholarship is not awarded to me, however, I am debating enlisting in the Navy and trying to get into the Nuke school. Does this seem like a good option? Anybody with experience in this area?

I have taken the ASVAB already and my recruiter told me I did well (98). I am a little foggy on how I would be considered for the nuke school? I can provide line scores if they're helpful, and any information that could help a discussion,

Thanks in advance. [spoiler][/spoiler]

Offline plebarian

• Lurker
Re: Navy Nuclear Engineer
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2014, 08:34 »
Also, if anybody could elaborate on the actual process by which Nuke School applicants are accepted, and how I stand in it, would be appreciated.

cedugger

Re: Navy Nuclear Engineer
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2014, 09:12 »
Your questions about the NNPP have been answered and expounded upon many times over. Most on here will not bite on your request as the info you're seeking is likely in the forums already. Do some searching in the forums...such as "Getting in" and "NNPS".

Chris

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?