Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Jon Styre honeypot

Author Topic: Jon Styre  (Read 8845 times)

Offline sclong51

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Jon Styre
« on: Feb 05, 2014, 01:35 »
Sad to report the death of Jon Styre.  A good friend and a great tech.

http://thegazette.com/obituaries/?oid=0001013973-01

I don't have a lot if information at this time.  See the link above.

You will be missed, my prayers are with his wife and family.

SCLong

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
Re: Jon Styre
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2014, 07:55 »
Words cannot do justice. I worked with Jon in Idaho. He was a great guy and fun to work with. He will be missed. My heart goes out to his family.
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2014, 07:09 »
I met Jon over 20 years ago at CR3 - me on an old Harley, him on a crotch rocket - 2 wheels was 2 wheels. I believe he got clocked at over 150mph on the CR3 access road.
A great tech, a sharp wit, and a smile for everyone. One of the best folks I've worked with.
There is a hole in the industry with him gone. My prayers go out to his family.
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

DDD

« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2014, 12:30 »
Wow not anouther one, I worked with Jon at Ft St Vrain and most recently here in Idaho, He was a good friend we played a lot of golf together. RIP my brother, My prayers are with you, Joyce and the kids

Daryl

milo124

« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2014, 06:45 »
Wow.  Very sad news.  Jon was a great guy and will be missed.

hptek1

« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2014, 09:37 »
It was a shock to hear of Jon's passing.
We worked at St. Lucie in training, a couple classes a day and CBT proctors when we had some free time.
Jon and I also worked as HP's together and I always enjoyed seeing him, knowing a good competent person had my back.
My prayers to his family.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2014, 01:40 »
Rest in Peace, Jon...   :(
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Jack U. Loyd

• Light User
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2014, 04:59 »
Bummer!   Prayers to the family.

Offline Zuess

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #8 on: Apr 20, 2017, 02:33 »
Sad to hear. Jon was one of my FAVORITE people and techs. I will truly miss him! He was a fine man and great guy to work with.
Worked with him at several places including the TWPC at Oak Ridge and Saint Lucie.  RIP John   
                 Ken Hodges

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 12:16 »
I worked with Jon at Crystal River, Fort St. Brain, and then Trojan, where we were neighbor's.  He was a blast to work with/for and even more fun to just hang with.  Every Thursday night after Seinfeld, we'd BS in the driveway for an hour talking about a half hour show.  I miss ya buddy and I'll see ya on the other side.  Say 'Hi' to Theresa for me.
MF

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?