Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Another new guy honeypot

Author Topic: Another new guy  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Bob T

• Very Lite User
Another new guy
« on: Feb 10, 2014, 01:35 »
Gonna be mostly lurking, as I am an OLD new guy and my stuff is no longer current/useful.

Enlisted in Navy, 1962.
Boot camp, ET school, Sub school.
Qualified diesel boats Sea Devil and Pomfret.
Went to nuc power school, Mare Island, class 64-4.
A1W Prototype, then a temporary staff tour at A1W.
Went to Sam Rayburn, became RC Div LPO.
Sam Rayburn went into overhaul, I went to Nat Greene.
Got out, got EE and Computer Science degrees, UC Davis.
Did an internship at Rancho Seco between Junior and Senior years.  That included core load and initial crit.
Worked at Mare Island as an engineer 18 years.  Mostly Nuclear Engineering Dept.
Peace broke out, M.I. hit closure list.
Worked at Vandenberg AFB in space lift 17 years.  Helped make money into noise.
Retired about 3 years ago.  Have recurring nightmares about quarterly Rad Con exams and 08 audits.

Online Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Another new guy
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2014, 11:16 »
   Welcome aboard there are a few walking fossils on these boards but most are not. Are you a member of the USSVI? Most don't join until near or in retirement, most of the members of my chapter served on at least one diesel boat and we have 3 WWII vets. Hopefully you cruised the threads as we have our share of curmudgeons posting in almost all areas.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?