Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NOIT with OPG honeypot

Author Topic: NOIT with OPG  (Read 27638 times)

Offline R14life

• Light User
NOIT with OPG
« on: Feb 12, 2014, 03:08 »
I was wondering if anybody has heard back from OPG with regards to NOIT exam conducted on January 16th?

Offline Smilin' Joe Fission

• Light User
Re: NOIT with OPG
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2014, 08:56 »
This is for engineering, but after the online application closed, I heard back from HR within a week for an interview less than 2 weeks after that.

After the interview it took almost 3 months for an offer, with a start date 3 weeks in the future. During the 3 month period waiting for the offer, I contacted HR to find out where they were in the process. HR was very helpful.

I would suggest contacting HR if you want to know for sure either way. Be polite and they are happy to help.

Offline R14life

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2014, 09:13 »
Would you be kind enough to give me the contact information of someone in the HR department? Thank you.

Offline jusfro87

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2014, 01:30 »
I know I used staffing@opg.com to contact HR before. You can always try that.

Offline zb_stylez

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2014, 01:34 »
I wrote the exam on January 24th, heard back on the 28th inviting me to an interview. The interview was today.

Not sure if they are still filling in interview slots, they said today they would be running interviews until the end of March.

What kind of questions did they ask you?

Fermi2

« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2014, 06:32 »
Seriously you don't belong here..,.

tlarose

« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2014, 10:31 »
My interview is on the 25th

Offline R14life

• Light User
« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2014, 12:10 »
My interview is on the 25th

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Fermi2

« Reply #8 on: Mar 13, 2014, 02:52 »
Does anyone who had an interview know if they started doing reference checks yet???

Given your previous post why would anyone tell you?

Fermi2

« Reply #9 on: Mar 13, 2014, 05:45 »
Like I said... If I were your hiring manager and I checked here you wouldn't get an offer.

Fermi2

« Reply #10 on: Mar 13, 2014, 05:46 »
Just realized I have a few contacts in management there.

Fermi2

« Reply #11 on: Mar 13, 2014, 07:09 »
Sorry guys but its an extremely competitive posting.

I'm not gonna kill my chances by telling everyone else the interview questions.  :-X

Good luck with your own interview...but not too much luck  :P

See this?

Line one. Sorry inappropriate

Line 2. Same thing.

Line 3. Said as a joke I understand that.

No I did not come here looking for a fight. Your attitude brought out my opinion. I most certainly would not have expected you to post the questions but please do not try to white knight me. Your attitude had nothing to do with Undermining HR.

I see it as a person who isn't willing to help another if it might cost him. The nuke industry has no room for that.

I simply found it ironic you ask the reference question, something that benefits your piece of mind after the statements you made above.

I would take a guy who doesn't interview well over the attitude I saw in that post.

I and many other hiring managers actually do check facebook, nuke worker and other social media and trust me I can narrow down who said what REALLY fast.

I would never want to drive a job seeker away because this is a valuable resource so NEVER consider leaving on account of me. But can what even remotely appears like attitude or willingness to help others.

A better way to handle it would have been to either ignore it or state you don't know the HR rules so you would prefer not to comment.

BTW I have posted every interview I have ever asked here.

Offline Smilin' Joe Fission

• Light User
« Reply #12 on: Mar 13, 2014, 10:28 »
Regarding the reference check question (even though the posts have disappeared it seems), OPG background checks everyone while deciding who they want to hire, at least at the engineering level. This is what HR told me when I interviewed.

I would love to tell people what I was asked at the interview but I honestly cannot remember exactly. It was very similar to the behavioural questions you see all over the internet and which have been given on nuke worker.

Basically go over a bunch of scenarios you have encountered that show past experience with having a questioning attitude when you see issue, leadership, overcoming difficult situations, working in team, etc. using the STAR method and you will do ok!

I hope this helps anyone who comes upon it.

Offline R14life

• Light User
« Reply #13 on: Apr 07, 2014, 10:27 »
HR could be rolling out offers any day. Good luck y'all.

Offline R14life

• Light User
« Reply #14 on: Apr 09, 2014, 05:03 »
Can anybody confirm if their references have been contacted?

Offline jay885

• Very Lite User
« Reply #15 on: Apr 09, 2014, 07:49 »
Mine were not, at least not the 2 from my current workplace... :/
I had one of the top test scores and I felt the interview went very well so I am kinda disappointed.

Then again, the company they used (Backcheck) did a reference check on me less than a year ago, and they tell you that they retain all information. I'm hoping that means they did not have to do a full check on me again.

Fingers still crossed.
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2014, 09:16 by jay885 »

Offline R14life

• Light User
« Reply #16 on: Apr 09, 2014, 07:56 »
How did you find out your test scores?

Offline jay885

• Very Lite User
« Reply #17 on: Apr 09, 2014, 09:04 »
I didn't find out my exact score, but was told by the HR lady that they did interviews in order of test score and that mine was one of the first.

I don't know if test scores are even considered in the final selection proccess though.

And just so you know, I heard they selected all successful candidates by last Friday, and that conditional offers should be going out over the next couple weeks.
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2014, 09:32 by jay885 »

Offline R14life

• Light User
« Reply #18 on: Apr 09, 2014, 09:39 »
Thank you for your reply. Test scores do have some weight attached but it comes down to education, work experience and interview performance. It would be nice to hear from some more people that gave the interview.
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2014, 09:41 by R14life »

Offline EroSennin

• Very Lite User
« Reply #19 on: Apr 13, 2014, 02:40 »
I flew in from AB (work there as a Mechanical EIT in the oil patch) for the aptitude test in January. Wrote the test in the morning and since I came from out of province, they marked my test right away and interviewed me after lunch since I made the grade on the 4 tests. Interview was just over 2hrs long and the interviewers were a Shift Supervisor and ANO.

HR said that they'll only send me security clearance forms if I did good on the interview. 2 weeks after the interview I get security clearance forms to fill out. 2 weeks ago 3 of my references called me (previous supervisors, not the character references) and told me they either got phone calls from backcheck, online forms to fill out, or both.

Last I heard from HR was that they will be sending out offers in mid-April to successful candidates. Just like everyone else here, I REALLY REALLY want this job. I asked the interviewers how they will select people to give offers to and they said it's not really up to them but it is a mix of how you did on the test and the interview both. Then I was like ''oh in that case, is there anything else I can say to make my case or did you see anything in me that you think might decrease my chances, just so I can elaborate on it to better sell myself '' and they were like ''you don't have anything to worry about.''

So not sure how much they test scores come into play here.

I guess if I don't hear anything in the next 3 weeks then I'll have to try again next year.

Good luck all!

Offline EroSennin

• Very Lite User
« Reply #20 on: Apr 13, 2014, 02:47 »
Also wondering if people can share what their backgrounds are. I just want to know what type of people OPG interviews for NOIT positions.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm a Mechanical Engineer-in-Training, been out of school for around 2 years and have been working in the oil patch in AB for 1.5 years

Offline R14life

• Light User
« Reply #21 on: Apr 13, 2014, 03:29 »
I have a diploma in Mechanical and ongoing degree in Energy Engineering. My references were not contacted so I'm guessing I didn't make it. Keep us posted.

Offline EroSennin

• Very Lite User
« Reply #22 on: Apr 14, 2014, 10:29 »
I just heard back from OPG today, they sent me an offer to start at the Darlington site on Thursday June 5, 2014 and told me to complete the form and return it by Monday April 21, 2014.

I guess if people don't return the forms by then, then they'll offer other people the positions because I heard the offers will be rolling out from mid-April to mid-May.

Offline R14life

• Light User
« Reply #23 on: Apr 14, 2014, 10:34 »
Congratulations!!!

Offline EroSennin

• Very Lite User
« Reply #24 on: Apr 14, 2014, 01:32 »
Thanks! I've never seen an offer like this before, they want people to either accept it and return it or reject it and return it. I guess that's just part of the official process for hiring since it's a public company.

I'm going to give my current boss my notice tomorrow. Ideally I'd like them to let me just work two weeks (or walk me out the same day) then I can take a month long vacation/staycation but I'm working on something pretty major so will offer to hang around till mid-May.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?