Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Q level Security Clearance Re-instatement

Author Topic: Q level Security Clearance Re-instatement  (Read 4118 times)

Offline Gamecock

• Gold Member
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
Q level Security Clearance Re-instatement
« on: Feb 18, 2014, 10:56 »
I had a Q level clearance for my job while in the navy, which was just adjudicated back in May 2013.

I retired from the navy in August 2013, and my clearance went inactive.

I currently am working in a position that does not require any clearance, but am considering an offer for a position that would require the Q clearance.

Does anyone have any perspective on the process or timeframe that might be required to re-instate my clearance should I choose to accept the new position?  As I said, the most recent investigation was adjudicated less then one year ago.

Thanks in advance,

GC
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: Q level Security Clearance Re-instatement
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2014, 04:31 »
Aye wood accept the job having told the employer that my "q" went inactive 6 months ago. Eye yam sure your in a select percentile and will have minimal completion from a clearance aspect.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Gamecock

• Gold Member
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
Re: Q level Security Clearance Re-instatement
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2014, 08:31 »
Aye wood accept the job having told the employer that my "q" went inactive 6 months ago. Eye yam sure your in a select percentile and will have minimal completion from a clearance aspect.

The company making me the offer knows my status.  I'm trying to get a timeline so I could give my current employer greater then 2 weeks notice to minimize the effects of my departure on them.

I've heard the horror stories of what happens to some folks after turning in their notice, and I am mindful of that potential.
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2014, 08:31 by Gamecock »
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?