Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Never been this nervous!

Author Topic: Never been this nervous!  (Read 17141 times)

Offline dallgire

• Light User
Never been this nervous!
« on: Feb 26, 2014, 06:20 »
I am extremely nervous about my upcoming POSS test next wed i guess to move onto the interview with Scana. They are using the EEI test and sent me a practice test to take. Heres how my practice tests went: Math 18 right out of 19 , Reading 22 right out of 23, Assembly 9 out of 9 correct, and lastly mechanical concepts i didnt do well on as my gut was right but i changed my original answer and scored 18 right out of 26. Should i be as nervouse as i am?

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
Re: Never been this nervous!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2014, 06:33 »
no
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline dallgire

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2014, 11:52 »
The position i am seeking is an APO I know a guy that works there and he said 22 people will be testing (unless they dont want to or dont show up) and trying to fill 6 of these positions. I know nothing about this field but am very handy and mechanical so the guy i know thought it fit me well. I really want the job as i think it will be a good move for my future. I am only 24 but i think the power company will have A LOT to offer i hope!

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2014, 04:16 »
Rule number 1 of nuclear testing never change an answer unless a subsequent question proves your initial answer wrong
« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2014, 04:17 by Broadzilla »

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2014, 10:07 »
Rule number 1 of nuclear testing never change an answer unless a subsequent question proves your initial answer wrong

That is not just the rule #1 of Nuclear testing, but the #1 rule of all testing.

The only other circumstance that requires allows you to change an answer is if you check your answers after finishing the test and realize the you had misread a question. Even then, be careful and only change it if it is obviously wrong. Never second-guess yourself.

Get plenty of sleep the night before the test. A couple hours of extra sleep are worth far more than a couple of hours of extra study.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline dallgire

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2014, 01:15 »
Luckily I don't work the night before so that is good! I think I will do ok I just am really nervous because these power company jobs don't open often. Ive tried to research what the position actually does but it's kind of vague. I hope it's something I really enjoy as I would love to be at scana until I retire!

Offline dallgire

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2014, 08:48 »
Test in the AM! I havent been this nervous since my wife took a pregnancy test when i was 16!!!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2014, 08:58 »
Test in the AM! I havent been this nervous since my wife took a pregnancy test when i was 16!!!

ANO?!?!

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline dallgire

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2014, 06:10 »
ANO?!?!
Is that a question? Like was I 16 years old?

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #9 on: Mar 05, 2014, 09:02 »
ANO=Arkansas Nuclear One
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline dallgire

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: Mar 05, 2014, 11:43 »
Well I feel like I bombed the s@#t out of that.... That was a lot harder than the practice test as people have said. She will contact everyone tomorrow.

Modified for language rule #6.
« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2014, 04:36 by Marlin »

Offline dallgire

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: Mar 07, 2014, 12:37 »
I PASSED!!!!! I'm so excited right now I can't stand it! I really appreciate this site in helping me be prepared for the exam! I feel like I hit the lottery but better because it was my efforts that passd the test not luck! God I'm so happy!!!!!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 07, 2014, 12:53 »
I PASSED!!!!! I'm so excited right now I can't stand it! I really appreciate this site in helping me be prepared for the exam! I feel like I hit the lottery but better because it was my efforts that passd the test not luck! God I'm so happy!!!!!

Congrats  +K

Offline dallgire

• Light User
« Reply #13 on: Mar 07, 2014, 01:37 »
Congrats  +K
Thanks! I didn't realize there would be algebra on the exam that was a surprise. Also the reading comp was very difficult as you couldn't skim to find most answers as it was a combination of a couple sentences from different places.

Offline dallgire

• Light User
« Reply #14 on: Mar 13, 2014, 04:55 »
GOT THE JOB!!!! SO EXCITED!!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #15 on: Mar 13, 2014, 05:14 »

Congrats yet again

Fermi2

« Reply #16 on: Mar 13, 2014, 05:48 »
Way to go. You will do well,

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #17 on: Mar 13, 2014, 06:45 »

[clap] [clap] [clap] [clap] [clap] +K
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline dallgire

• Light User
« Reply #18 on: Mar 13, 2014, 07:26 »
Thanks guys i'm sooooo happy to be in a position where i'm learning again and being proud of what i do and in such a great field for such a great company!

Fermi2

« Reply #19 on: Mar 13, 2014, 07:30 »
What plant?

Offline dallgire

• Light User
« Reply #20 on: Mar 13, 2014, 08:14 »
What plant?

McMeekin Station it is scheduled to close in 4 years but i am still more excited than i have ever been to get this job!

Offline dallgire

• Light User
« Reply #21 on: Mar 27, 2014, 12:44 »
wow what a physical lol ekg,blood,hearing,vision,2 urine samples,and the worst blowing in that measuring tool wow that was something! Doctor said im all clear so thats a plus!

Offline dallgire

• Light User
« Reply #22 on: Mar 28, 2014, 10:42 »
I've tried searching here and google and can't find a solid answer. Can't find any info really. How long should I expect to be in classes? Or is there a name for them that I can search for?

Offline ddickey

• Moderate User
« Reply #23 on: Mar 29, 2014, 09:31 »
At a coal plant? There won't be any classes to begin with. At my utility I'll take two four week classes. My first class is coming up in a month after working five months on the job. My bud who was hired at a nuclear station in the same company, same position as myself is required to attend six months of class before he starts his shift work.
Of course SCE&G may be different.
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2014, 10:13 by ddickey »

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #24 on: Mar 29, 2014, 12:12 »
My experience, from many moons ago, was 8-10 weeks of classroom learning the systems and then it was 12 weeks of OJT/qualification on watch.  I'm sure that's changed by now but I can check with some of my friends back at the coal plants.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?