Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Questions regarding to DQ honeypot

Author Topic: Questions regarding to DQ  (Read 3518 times)

Offline jshih

• Lurker
Questions regarding to DQ
« on: Feb 28, 2014, 11:28 »
I am trying to get into Navy Nuke Program, and I've passed everything (including NAPT) except health, due to pectus excavatum, which caused me to get disqualified. The problem is, I have civilian doctor's documents to prove that there's no issue with my funnel chest (test for my lungs and x-rays showed everything is fine), also I have never went to hospital for more than 20 years due to any sickness nor any health problems.

However, just yesterday, my recruiter showed me that originally they qualified my waiver for joining into the military, but then they changed denied the waiver later on (my status went from red to purple then to teal citing pectus excavatum is exceed their cutoff). What I don't understand is I have been working out myself and playing sports without any problem, and I get DQ'd because my funnel chest exceeds their cutoff scale.

I have been working on getting into navy for around 7 to 8 months, I don't really wish to give up now. But now that I am DQ'd, is there anything I can do to make them reconsider, or I am just done?

Any information will be helpful, thank you.

Fermi2

Re: Questions regarding to DQ
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2014, 03:04 »
They don't care what your doctor thinks. They care about the probability of your condition getting someone else killed.

HeavyD

Re: Questions regarding to DQ
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2014, 12:35 »
Your civilian doctor doesn't take into consideration what would happen to you if you suffered some blunt force trauma to your chest while underway on a submarine, without an actual doctor on-board.  The Navy does; the short version is you die.  The long version is....... you die.

Living everyday life is different than being aboard a sub or carrier.  There are things that can go wrong that aren't in existence, circumstances that increase the risk to your life.

Sorry to tell you this, but your chances are not good at all.  Best of luck to ya.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?