Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu PSNS Code 105  

Author Topic: PSNS Code 105  (Read 10462 times)

torotoy

PSNS Code 105
« on: Mar 11, 2014, 07:30 »
Hi I just registered,

My question, Code 105 at PSNS started 63 new hire''es yesterday 10 Mar.

I find it extraordinary that PSNS really intend to employee all these folks, please comment back to me?

Fermi2

Re: PSNS Code 105
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2014, 09:22 »
Why would anyone here know?

torotoy

« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2014, 09:27 »
Well like I said IM new to the site, Help me out where do I go to get some insight on my question?

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2014, 09:37 »
My lord you are thick. Try PSNS...

torotoy

« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2014, 09:46 »
Wow, aren't you sweet. IM just lookin for peoples honest thought on a honest question.

I'LL try again, do ya all feel that PSNS Code 105 really intend to keep all 63 new hire's that started yesterday?

Offline twinkletoni

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2014, 09:48 »
They're probably ramping up for decommissioning of CVN65 (Enterprise).  It's being de-fueled in Virginia but will be cut up in Bremerton.  Maybe some of the piping will be removed in Virginia, I can't recall of the top of my head.  Don't know if all will stay employed, that's above my pay grade.

torotoy

« Reply #6 on: Mar 11, 2014, 09:53 »
Thank you twinkletoni, any body else got any Ideas?

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #7 on: Mar 11, 2014, 10:36 »
Thank you twinkletoni, any body else got any Ideas?

CVN 65 decomm manning,...

a certain number will wash out and not complete training,...

a certain number will be replacements for retirement attrition,...

a certain number will bail on their own accord,...

the rest will be let go as the decomm winds down,...

out of 63, maybe 10 to 12 full time to retirement jobs,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

torotoy

« Reply #8 on: Mar 11, 2014, 10:47 »
Thanks GLW that's exactly what I suspected, some of those 63 people are transitioning veterans and others are young people thinking they might have a crack at a real career. I feel its not right that the code leads them down this path, not being upfront with them!!!!!!!!!!!

What say you? 

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #9 on: Mar 11, 2014, 11:31 »
Thanks GLW that's exactly what I suspected, some of those 63 people are transitioning veterans and others are young people thinking they might have a crack at a real career. I feel its not right that the code leads them down this path, not being upfront with them!!!!!!!!!!!

What say you?  

Is it right to take full advantage of the valuable training provided and then bail to the lucrative commercial market when it suits the employee regardless of how that affects PSNS manning commitments to their client?!?!?!

Do not reserve prerogatives to yourself that you are not prepared to allow others (including PSNS) to reserve to themselves,...

that would be the mark of a hypocrite,...

as it is, PSNS is inviting 63 individuals the opportunity to better their lives on PSNS's dime,...

you can take that and run with it or believe you are entitled to an outcome as opposed to being afforded an opportunity,...

if the former then PSNS is entitled to an outcome too, which would be you compelled to work at their shipyard as long as they have work for you,...

that would be right,....it would also be mandatory servitude,...

you asked,.....
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2014, 11:48 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

torotoy

« Reply #10 on: Mar 11, 2014, 01:14 »
Wise words indeed and well written, I have no argument.

Transitioning Veterans and most young people can be vulnerable.

Honesty is always the best policy and being 40+ years in the game I don't see the need to pack'em in like cattle only looking at the numbers.

There are better ways to do this and spend less of our real boss's hard earned tax dollars.

This industry requires effort, attention to detail and integrity. Twelve to fifteen left standing is a contradiction to all of the above. 

Offline mars88

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #11 on: Mar 11, 2014, 02:00 »
Did these people already go thru the qualification school at Norfolk shipyard, or have they yet to do this?  A lot can happen in those 6 months--including not passing the security clearance process.
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2014, 02:01 by mars88 »

Offline twinkletoni

• Light User
« Reply #12 on: Mar 11, 2014, 06:54 »
They probably have not yet gone to NNSY for school.  No one goes to NNSY without a security clearance (at least that's how it was when I went through).  Part of the curriculum is classified.

bigdog46

« Reply #13 on: Mar 12, 2014, 09:35 »
Can you say "Because that's the way we have always done it".  Hard for an old dog to learn a new trick.  This is a typical example of how the govt operates in general.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?