Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Ex Navy Nuke with B.S. in Biochemistry honeypot

Author Topic: Ex Navy Nuke with B.S. in Biochemistry  (Read 17332 times)

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Re: Ex Navy Nuke with B.S. in Biochemistry
« Reply #25 on: Mar 12, 2014, 02:42 »
New to the forum here, I apologize if this has been answered but I can't seem to find any relevant threads by searching.

I separated from the Navy in 2008 as an E-4 nuke EM (not SRO qualified, medically separated early, qualified up through PE/ME), and decided to go to school full time. I received my B.S. in Biochemistry in 3 years and have been working in the biotech field for 2 1/2 years. I am considering a career change, and would like to leverage my experience as a navy nuke and my education/experience in the biological and chemical sciences. Are there many positions that will take advantage of both? What is the best way to overcome my time out of the nuke industry?

Thanks for any help!

In addition to what the others have said, you could probably get into the chemistry or engineering departments at a nuke as well. If Operations was in your interest, you'd be competitive for an NLO position.

Good luck!

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?