Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Getting Badged  

Author Topic: Getting Badged  (Read 11846 times)

Offline rookie25

• Light User
Getting Badged
« on: Mar 13, 2014, 01:29 »
Anyone know on average how long it takes to get UA after completing medical eval, drug tests, MMPI, etc? My references and "their" references were called the day after I completed the in-processing stuff.

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Getting Badged
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2014, 02:47 »
Anyone know on average how long it takes to get UA after completing medical eval, drug tests, MMPI, etc? My references and "their" references were called the day after I completed the in-processing stuff.

Results vary depending on if:

1. It is your initial investigation.
2. How many employers you have had.
3. How many different residences you have on your background.
4. How many hits on your credit have to be verified.
5. How many run-ins with law enforcement have to be verified.
6. If you are required to have a shrink interview.
7. If you have traveled or worked outside the U.S.

If it is your first time ever, you are older than 25, you have moved a lot, and have had multiple employers you could expect to be waiting 2-3 weeks from the day you started inprocessing.

Graphic can provide better insight.

Offline rookie25

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2014, 02:59 »
Thanks Ksheed! Guess I should give more info!
-It IS my initial investigation
-Been with the same employer since graduating college in 2004
-Have 4 residences All in the same city and state
-Credit doesn't have any blemishes
-ZERO run-ins with the law
-Was told shrink interview MIGHT have to be done based on MMPI results
-Traveled outside US for honeymoon but it wasn't within that 5 yr time frame that they asked for

Thanks again for your response!

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2014, 03:15 »
What position???

Offline rookie25

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2014, 03:18 »
Nuclear Security Officer I

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2014, 03:25 »
Thanks Ksheed! Guess I should give more info!
-It IS my initial investigation
-Been with the same employer since graduating college in 2004
-Have 4 residences All in the same city and state
-Credit doesn't have any blemishes
-ZERO run-ins with the law
-Was told shrink interview MIGHT have to be done based on MMPI results
-Traveled outside US for honeymoon but it wasn't within that 5 yr time frame that they asked for

Thanks again for your response!

If all goes well with the shrink interview, I would guess ~2 days after you complete the interview.

Fermi2

« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2014, 03:27 »
I think you have to see a shrink...

(iii) Any individual who has responsibilities for implementing a licensee’s or applicant’s protective strategy, including, but not limited to, armed security force officers, alarm station operators, and tactical response team leaders; and

Graphic

« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2014, 10:33 »
Results vary depending on if:

1. It is your initial investigation.
2. How many employers you have had.
3. How many different residences you have on your background.
4. How many hits on your credit have to be verified.
5. How many run-ins with law enforcement have to be verified.
6. If you are required to have a shrink interview.
7. If you have traveled or worked outside the U.S.

If it is your first time ever, you are older than 25, you have moved a lot, and have had multiple employers you could expect to be waiting 2-3 weeks from the day you started inprocessing.

Graphic can provide better insight.

Ksheed covered it pretty well. As far as credit goes they will check for negative
History, addresses/jobs you may not have listed in phq. Per NRC refs companies are supposed to be given 3 days to respond and then the background screener can go to secondary sources such as w2's or check stubs etc. Unfortunately not all screeners are as good as others and get behind. Most utilities sub-contract their backgrounds out to certified nuclear screening companies.

Most utilities shoot for a 5 business day turnaround on initial/update backgrounds. Of course that only is the background side of things. Mmpi interviews can hold up the process if the shrink isn't available as soon as one would like, many are done over a webcam. You also have CBT testing, until the plant access cbt's are complete no badge is issued. Fingerprints can hold people up and so can any type of criminal history that may need to be adjudicated by the review officer.

As broadzilla stated, All security officers have a mandatory interview with psych due to the nature of the job.

Posting this from my phone while in hospital sorry if it formats poorly

Offline rookie25

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Mar 20, 2014, 11:46 »
What's up with the Investigating Company calling ME to ask questions about information that I've provided them and is printed right there in front of them? Is this to see if my story matches the paperwork? Shouldn't my signature already confirm that?

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2014, 11:57 »
What's up with the Investigating Company calling ME to ask questions about information that I've provided them and is printed right there in front of them? Is this to see if my story matches the paperwork? Shouldn't my signature already confirm that?

If you want to work commercial nuclear power you should embrace the notion you will be scrutinized and verified.

If you have reservations or take umbrage to that scrutiny this is not the line of work for you.

And there is nothing wrong with that position, you just need to own it and move on.

I make it a position of mine to not scrutinize, question or delve into what security's motives or methods are, or how they are justified.

I answer inquiries simply, honestly, patiently and let the chips fall where they may,...

Some folks like to challenge security or feel compelled to.

You will have to figure that out for yourself.

If you should challenge security then, in my experience observing similar folks;

YMMV,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline rookie25

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: Mar 20, 2014, 12:56 »
I didn't mean to sound like I have a problem with them calling. Just wondering if its the norm when going through the process. I guess I've learned "Don't question the process" Duly Noted. Thanks

Online Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 20, 2014, 01:26 »
I didn't mean to sound like I have a problem with them calling. Just wondering if its the norm when going through the process. I guess I've learned "Don't question the process" Duly Noted. Thanks

Questioning is not a bad thing just don't be adversarial. Clearing up a misconception early can prevent some future pain.

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
« Reply #12 on: Mar 20, 2014, 03:49 »

I was due for my 5-year reinvestigation last year. Access Screening called me to question a couple of items on my paperwork. I gave her the answers she needed. Even though it was obvious to me and didn't seem to need answered, she felt the need to verify. That's their job. That is why you put your contact number on the paperwork, so they can call you if any clarification is needed.

Ed

« Reply #13 on: Mar 23, 2014, 06:59 »
screw the nuke industry, who needs all these scrutiny, there are lots more jobs in other industries, just have to be a bit more imaginative and a bit more open to "reinvent Yourself" be a little more open,  teach yourself a bit more of new things, get a cert in something new that you are comfortable and familiar with, be positive be open, Nuke industry is not the only option out there,

Online Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 23, 2014, 08:09 »
screw the nuke industry, who needs all these scrutiny, there are lots more jobs in other industries, just have to be a bit more imaginative and a bit more open to "reinvent Yourself" be a little more open,  teach yourself a bit more of new things, get a cert in something new that you are comfortable and familiar with, be positive be open, Nuke industry is not the only option out there,

Thank you Mr. Obvious.

This forum is for those who have an interest in the Nuclear field. If you don't well... at least follow the Forum Rules.  [RTFM]   [rulez]

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,4700.0.html

4. Please learn to be respectful, tolerate and support each other.  NukeWorker.com's goal is to help others, not see how many people we can annoy. Do not initiate arguments or tension. This will only cause the triggering of other members and make this site less professional.

« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2014, 08:17 by Marlin »

Ed

« Reply #15 on: Mar 23, 2014, 08:25 »

O.K.  I was not trying to be a troll, I am just pissed off with the industry and the lack of respect in regards with what efforts we put into our work, just expressing the facts and my experience to help a new young gun out there,

and yes I repeat,  Nuke industry is a dead end. I dont know about you but id rather work somewhere else, and I am very Lucky that I can. Very good Luck to all of you guys out there.

Thanks Marlin.
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2014, 09:16 by Ed »

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #16 on: Mar 23, 2014, 08:28 »
screw the nuke industry, who needs all these scrutiny, there are lots more jobs in other industries, just have to be a bit more imaginative and a bit more open to "reinvent Yourself" be a little more open,  teach yourself a bit more of new things, get a cert in something new that you are comfortable and familiar with, be positive be open, Nuke industry is not the only option out there,

...Should I kiss Nuke industry Goodbye? Thanks all.

seems you already did,....

been nice knowing ya, good luck out there, some folks do great, others come back, YMMV,.... [coffee]

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Ed

« Reply #17 on: Mar 23, 2014, 08:39 »
OH YES, Yes I did, You bet you I did,  and Oh Yes It has been an eye opener, and i am very glad.  I wish i had this experience a lot earlier,

There are lots more jobs out there if you are flexible enough and, brave enough to figure it out and to go out there and get it,

or otherwise you'd stagnate like the industry itself  :-)  

(am i trolling here? I am sorry, I don't mean to. I don't mean to offend anyone here, just the industry).

Right I agree with You, and Thanks. :-)  (*-*)
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2014, 12:58 by Ed »

Online Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #18 on: Mar 23, 2014, 08:47 »
oh OK, I guess You didn't like my mention of Eric Bartlett?

I meant what I posted in reply to the specific post I quoted, follow the rules you will find another rule besides #4 there,

7. Peoples name's: It's a bad idea to use them, they lead to law suits. Some names are already censored because of this. Don't use names in stories or messages that could in any way be taken wrong.
No libel or defamatory messages.

It is hard to avoid names in some cases such as Eric's but:

Libel
Published material meeting three conditions: the material is defamatory either on its face or indirectly; the defamatory statement is about someone who is identifiable to one or more persons; and the material must be distributed to someone other than the offended party; i.e. posted on NukeWorker.  

Defamatory
An imputation is defamatory if it is calculated to engender: 'hatred, contempt or ridicule of', 'lowering the estimation of', or causing people to 'shun or avoid'.

and yes I repeat,  Nuke industry is a dead end. I dont know about you but id rather work somewhere else, and I am very Luck that I can.

That is an opinion and as long as it does not violate forum rules you are welcome to it, your antagonistic language would only be marginally tolerated in the Gold Member PolySci forum.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?