Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Guessing Penalty Eliminated? honeypot

Author Topic: Guessing Penalty Eliminated?  (Read 6103 times)

linsere

Guessing Penalty Eliminated?
« on: Mar 15, 2014, 12:35 »
The link below is the agenda from the "EEI 2012 Conference on Testing".  There's a comment in the description of one of the meetings about the elimination of correction for guessing on testing.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/129599623/2012-Conference-on-Testing-Agenda

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
Re: Guessing Penalty Eliminated?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2014, 12:55 »
Guessing penalty was NOT eliminated according to some people I asked (HR people that administer and grade the tests)

Offline 175mws

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2014, 01:26 »
even if it was you still have a 75% chance of guessing wrong so not sure why that would be better than no ding for blanks?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #3 on: Jun 13, 2014, 02:31 »
even if it was you still have a 75% chance of guessing wrong so not sure why that would be better than no ding for blanks?

If by 'guess', you are limiting yourself to pure, blind, don't-have-a-clue, stab-in-the-dark moments, then...yes, your math works.

Most 'guesses' actually come after you have eliminated one or two of the options, so...now the math is in your favor to make the 'guess'.

I ALWAYS 'guess'...and have always passed the EEI tests that I have taken.

Good luck!  :)

...and that doesn't even take into consideration the fact that, if you have studied for a couple of weeks before the test (like you NEED to), most 'guesses' are actually more like 'informed subconscious choices' that you 'knew' without knowing why.

YMMV
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2014, 02:37 by UncaBuffalo »
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2014, 06:09 »
Unca, I think it more implies to the "unfinished" questions vs the ones you are working on. Not uncommon for these tests to have a few blanks, and the "guessing penalty"; I would assume, is to discourage "guessing" on those empty questions 30 seconds before the clock runs out.  If there was no guessing penalty, you could move at your own pace and then christmas tree the back lot with a 25% chance of getting extra points.
« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2014, 06:10 by Starkist »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?